Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never played a single game of Civ2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some bizarre variants in cEvo—deterministic combat that didn't change the all-units-destroyed problem, strange "unit draft" design thing, as well as special materials from the map required to build spaceship parts. It's wierd, but some people are into wierd.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

i am not sure why you are here then

i would never come here if it wasn't for the fact that i play civ...despite the off topic forums etc
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

He plays SMAC…
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I still like smac- multiplayer at least

Comment

smac mp was real slow when i played it, is it better now?
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

No, they never sorted out the direct IP option properly......most play PBEM, which makes the 'slow' direct IP option look like Michael Schumacher.

Comment

I think that the reason of buying civ2 are great scenarios made for it, a thing that civ3 misses - and will miss for a long time. That's the thing I say on and on, but that's true.
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

I used to completly love Civ3. I played it religiously every single day and defended it from the likes of Coracle, however slowly but surely my interests dwindled. I noted the cheating AI, the horribly atrocious combat system, the imabalanced trade.....Just a bunch of annoyances. The game tried to make war difficult so you would go in a peaceful manner but its biased so heavily towards warmongering it completly turned me off...

At first when I saw Civ2 I put it aside. Diplomacy was primitive and so were the graphics...But I was completly bored. The RTS' were fun for a few, but they got boring quickly because there was no depth, it was all build a dozen barracks and out rush your enemy. I still had Civ2 installed on my computer, and one day because i had nothing better to do, I fired it up...The primtive grpahics turned me off and there were no good conversions, but eventually I simply zoomed out twice and the graphics were acceptable (no longer pixelated). The more I played, the more I felt that this was THE game, one of the best in my collection. While I still have Civ3 on my hard drive (Only because a friend wants to buy me PtW so I can play it with him....Hey, free is free.) I have never played it after my horrific game (Huge empire, modern armor....completly defeated by primitive units. Ugh.) I've put it away probably for good (Space issues will force me to uninstall soon.....).

While in my book SMAC is THE best out of the TBS, Civ2 is definately second. I would highly recommend getting it.
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Over at CFC, a hot link to amazon (below) claimed Civ II at less than $10.

Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Oops -- just clicked on the link to test it though & found the note that the item was out of stock or discontinued -- however the used stuff showed a short list of five available at less than $20.
                      Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Working...
                      X