First Annual Midwest-US ACS Barbecue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Annual Midwest-US ACS Barbecue!

What daya think? Possible? Interested? I figure Kansas City is central to the continent so everyone can come! For those who don't know, KC is famous for beef, barbecue and jazz! I figure we order either Arthur Bryant's or Smokestack BBQ and party at Overland Community Park/Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead (way cool petting zoo). Why this park and zoo? Well, I think more than a few of us would bring the wife and kids, and this is a GREAT park!

So, seriously, any interest in this grand experiment? If we can pull this together, Finbar might be convinced to cater an ACS Down Under/Olympics bash! (Ferrets welcome!)

------------------
    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Bugger it, I'll come to yours!

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MacUser on 06-26-2000 10:40 PM
      (way cool petting zoo).

Gee, MU, when I first read this I thought it was a typo - a "z" instead of a "t".

"Way cool petting too" ... ?

That would've dragged a few people along.

------------------
      finbar
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

LOL!

------------------
        Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

I'm surprized, no US responses!Really, no one is intested in meeting some of the people we play and chat with? I realize that this breaks the internet safety rules ("...the victims each meet the alleged serial killer in an internet bulletin board which discusses war and world domination..."), but I can't think of a safer more public place to meet!

Give me your thoughts, maybe it's not such an overwhelming brillent idea...

------------------
          Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Comment

well, the problem is they turned the railroad in my town into a rail-trail, so I can't cover those 18 road hours to KC instantly Combine that with the 20+ hr road trip i have to take to Orlando for a cousin's wedding this weekend, and I think this grad student would be very road-tripped out if i did both
            Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Is Kansas City on the Bakerloo Line? Must get a new Underground map - never know where you might end up!
              -----------
              SG (2)
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I think it is a great idea...
                Unfortunately, I live in....
                <-----------

------------------
                Bring it!
                Life and death is a grave matter;
                all things pass quickly away.
                Each of you must be completely alert;
                never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

MacUser: You might want to post an identical thread in the OT so more people see this....

Anyway, I would definitely be interested, but it would depend on the date...

------------------
                  reismark@nycmail.com
                  "Please provide the date of your death." - IRS letter
                  The Millennium is Here! Run For Your Lives!!
                  CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                  Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                  Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                  Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Working...
                  X