Cool stuff: playing Civ2 on multiple monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool stuff: playing Civ2 on multiple monitors

This weekend I finally bought a TFT screen and decided to play around with my old monitor acting as a secondary display. Seeing as Civ2 is a proper windows app you can also resize it over two monitors. Here's a pic from my temporary setup playing LOTR:
    Attached Files
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

And here's one with the 2194 days war scenario

I wish I had four of those TFT screens
    Attached Files
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Looks very cool indeed. Can I get your system?

BTW, has anyone use a TV for playing Civ II? That could be an interesting idea too.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Kewl - I'm well impressed - wish my job payed more ...

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
          wish my job payed more ...

SG[1]
          ... welcome to the club...
          googol... this is a number!
          "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
          "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

[measures computer desk for second 17-incher…]
            [considers expense of second 17-incher…]
            [realizes neither one quite fits]
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
              Looks very cool indeed. Can I get your system?

BTW, has anyone use a TV for playing Civ II? That could be an interesting idea too.
              TVs have a much lower pixel resolution, something like 320x200. They have a lot more colors, though.

Comment

Working...
              X