Good start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good start

I'm looking for a random start with 4 special resources nearby and where the AI civs are close.

The map has to be normal, raging hordes, deity.

I just want to practise a perfect deity strategy with few cities.

If you have a 4000 BC save like that could you post it here? Does anyone know if some of Paul's OCCs at his site are like I described above?

4 specials are nice to have, especially if you wish to play OCC, but you can grow a 'perfect' civ with very few cities and no specials at all.
    I don't know what Paul has on his site, but the Gits have a great collection of random maps with interesting starting locations.
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Lars
      If you like comparison games, you send me the map you choose and I play it 'samtidig'.

Comment

To be more precise my goal is to get an early AC landing.

Comparison games: Ok, I can do that, but you'd probably beat me...

Comment

Gits, I am sure you have more .savs than you posted on your website. Could you provide one for me that fits my descriptions more or less?

BTW, I am checking out the 1010.sav. Seems pretty good. I guess it would be perfect with more techs - an indication that the AI is not far away? Maybe a small map would be best for that purpose, especially if it's only one continent...

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette
            Lars
            If you like comparison games, you send me the map you choose and I play it 'samtidig'.
            We can use samson's ab_b4000.sav for a comparison game...

Comment

Good idea,
              I shall start a thread and try to find more people willing to improve their gameplay.

Comment

Why not go the whole hog - save it as a scenario and try and beat 16AD?

SG[1] - with his tongue in cheek
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Anyone knows that I am ready to play with (or against ) anyone willing to have a try at winning any scenario.
                  But trying to beat samson, or solo, or Ribannah at early landing? No thanks, I'm not such a dreamer .

Still, I think it would be a very good idea to take advantage of Samson and solo being back on this forum to organize some kind of 'University of early landing'.

Perhaps a comparison game where anyone taking part would send a savegame every 20 or 50 turns and receive good advice from the masters?

What do you think?

Comment

Good luck guys - not for me I'm afraid - I shall have to stay content with my 16th century landing record - however you might get SG(2) involved he has broken the first millenium barrier ...

SG[1]
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                    X