Getting hold of Civ 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting hold of Civ 2

I was looking through the local shops to get a hold of Civ 2 (I lent out my copy ages ago, never to seen again ) and I was having a hard time finding it.

I looked on the Game UK website, and the only Civilization 2 title was a budget version, and it certainly didn't look like it included multiplayer. Has it been discotinued, or what?
    I wanted to rub the human face in its' own vomit, to force it to look in the mirror....

The situation is that no larger retailers are shipping Civ II MGE or UCC anymore, and neither can it be found on Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com or Chips & Bits. I checked on Ebay.co.uk for current auctions but there's no auction with MGE or UCC right now (see search results). So what I suggest is that you keep an eye on Ebay.co.uk and also check other UK web auction websites (see list on dmoz) and check out websites of smaller retailers or call them as they might have a copy somewhere in their backroom. AFAIK there should be also special second hand shops for PC games, so those should be a good source, but they won't give you bargains, unlike auctions on the web. In this case I also refer to the UK retailer list on dmoz.

Good luck for the hunting!
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

BTW, I forgot to explain what MGE and UCC are.

MGE - Multiplayer Gold Edition
      UCC - Ultimate Classic Collection
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Games still stocks Civ2 SP - you can patch to the lates 2.42 from here...

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Scouse, he already said they have it. I guess he was looking for the MP version.

Comment

You are correct of course - teach me not to read posts properly ....

SG[1]
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

IIRC, I've seen it bundled with a few other sid and non-sid games (gettysburg, some others). It was selling for 20 bucks or so stateside.
              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X