Major Civ2 Issue (for me anyway)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Civ2 Issue (for me anyway)

I'm not hardcore into Civ2. Thats why I dont play it. Well, thats not why but....sort of.

I CANT stand the graphics. I'm sorry, but I cant tell terrain from terrain apart. The units....are fine except the worker. and...So mainly I'm bugged by the terrain graphics. I do need help in this issue.

Are there *any* mods out there that improve this?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Tass,

I recommend that you'll have a look in the Directory. AFAIK there should be a few alternative graphics mods.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Mindseye has developed a nice mod called IIRC HiRes Civ it might well meet your needs - as above - see the Direcory

SG[1]

Edit - to remove unbelievably bad typo!
      Last edited by Scouse Gits; September 27, 2002, 02:43.
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Yeah, and if you have any gif editor there are more unit graphics than you can shake a proverbial stick at. If by "workers" you mean Engineers, get one that looks like a bulldozer. Bulldozers are my favorite. Brrrrrrmmmm, brrrrrrrmmmmm…
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I find the simple Civ II graphics much easier to see than the muddy Civ III graphics. But yeah, check the download section on this site. There are tons of mods... and you just have to find the one you like best.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I agree with Ming.

What's more important? Game play, or graphics?
            Civ III has better graphics, worse game play.
            Which game do we still play, CIV II MP.
            And actually the crappier CIVII graphics help in MP to speed up the game.
            nough said.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I stopped reading after

I'm not hardcore into Civ2.
              But then, after seeing all the replies I looked again... You think Civ2's graphics are hard to fathom?? Try ToT!

The only thing I can suggest if differentiating terrain is an issue is to enlarge the zoom... I mean, grass is green, plains is orange. I can't imagine any of the graphics mods could be clearer than that.
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I endorse SG's suggestion to use Mindeye's graphics mod. It not only makes terrains clearer but it is aesthetically pleasing as well. When I installed it, my Civ2 gaming had a new lease of life.

Comment

Re: Major Civ2 Issue (for me anyway)

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                  I CANT stand the graphics. I'm sorry, but I cant tell terrain from terrain apart. The units....are fine except the worker. and...So mainly I'm bugged by the terrain graphics.
                  Uhm ... the Worker are we perhaps talking Civ 3?

--------------------------

SG(2)
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

or SMAC

Comment

I'm sorry, but I cant tell terrain from terrain apart.

Blue: Ocean
                      Green: Grassland
                      Orange: Plains
                      Yellow: Desert

Grey: Mountains
                      Greenish Brown: Hills

Light Grey: Tundra
                      White: Glacier

Dark Green: Forests
                      Mixed Green: Jungle

IMHO, HiRes' terrains are good, but everything else (including terrain resources) is an ugly eyesore.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X