Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scenario League Magazine Issue #1 out now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario League Magazine Issue #1 out now!

As was reported in the Apolyton News, the first issue of the Scenario League Magazine is now out and is available at http://sleague.apolyton.net/slm/200209/

It contains the following articles for your entertainment and enlightenment:

Techumseh's Interview of Favoured Flight

Gothmog's roundup of recently released historical and fantasy/science fiction scenarios

Case's guide to spotting and dealing with cheaters

In addition, ANZAC has put out a call for Captain Nemo style units

p.s. There's also a puzzle hidden somewhere in the magazine. The first person to find and solve it will have their name published in the next issue and will win a trip to Hawaii for two
    (to be confirmed )
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Originally posted by Case in Cheating in PBEMs – what to look out for and how to deal with it
    Things to look out for include:
    City and terrain improvements appearing at surprisingly fast rates (keep an eye out for large numbers of players cities suddenly sprouting city walls!)
    Newbies with a surprising amount of knowledge about how PBEMs work, and how to do thinks like crack passwords (don’t laugh - this has happened!)
    I must laugh, that newbie, it was me! I wanted to play a PBEM (BTW I didnt start it yet) and so first of all I tried to find out how it works...
    BLACKLIST of PBEM Dropouts

But what have 10 cities in 3800BC and a newbie with a surprising amount of knowledge in common, Case? Is it bad to know how to drive a car before you sit in?

BTW, it is funny like everybody poses he don't know how to open a 'passworded' game.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

I still don't.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The ego has landed

Slowthinker I wasn't talking about you I was talking about someone doing that on the Apolyton PBEM board.

BTW, for the record I don't know how to crack passwords, and I don't want to know.
        Last edited by Case; September 17, 2002, 02:12.
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Case, I thought you participated in BLACKLIST of PBEM Dropouts.
          But it is not a crack, you can discover it by accident.

StLeo, do you want to say you want to be enlightened?
          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker
            Case, I thought you participated in BLACKLIST of PBEM Dropouts.
            Sure, I participated in that thread/flame war. However, that still doesn't alter the fact that I wasn't refering to you in my article

I'm sorry, but you'll have to find your 15 minutes of fame elsewhere

Comment

Working...
            X