Connection Failed...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Failed...?

I have downloaded the multiplayer MGE Patch and installed them into MPS/CIV2 folder. But when i try to connect to play a multiplayer game it says connection failed and then takes me back to the main menu. Sorry if this is a stupid question or has been asked before, But what do i do? Thanks.

Well. I can not help you too much, but. Is the IP that you put correct? Please check that no empty spaces are on the IP. For example:

is invalid. The correct is

withouth the intial blank space.

I don't remind any other problem with MGE Civ
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

How do you find out your IP address? I got mine from trying to start or join a new league and there was already a IP address typed down, So i just assumed it was mine.

Comment

IP addreses-

Command Prompt gives you them, but also:

This should work: http://www.edpsciences.com/htbin/ipaddress

If not, I know at least 2 other sites

Also, your firewall will tell you your IP Make sure it's disabled, however, when starting a game.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Man the one i thought was mine was way off. Now i'm gonna try and see if it works now. I appreciate it.

Comment

Man i am just getting stuck left and right here. Sorry i am new to all of these mutiplayer games, I'm used to console games just started playing computer games. What does it mean when it ask's for the games IP Address? I was thinking that it was asking for mine.

Comment

It wants the ip address of the host.You need to get that from the host and enter it.If you are hosting,just leave it as is and send it whoever is joining your game.This where an instant messenger like ICQ,AIM,etc comes in.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Ngtv brian- if you have a dial up connection, your IP changes each time
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                X