Graphics problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics problem...

I'm having a graphics problem with my Civ2 MGE. When I send emissaries to other nations, I can no longer get heralds to show up. In addition, there's a large black spot where the herald should be, and it covers much of the portrait as well. I recently had to recover a lot of programs, but it worked fine before. Anyone know what could be going on?
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Also, the beginning movie no longer plays...anyone know what's going on? Is there a Civ2 MGE patch I'm missing? Something else with the graphics settings? I've set throne room and herald all checked in the graphics options...

Comment

I think that stuff is on the CD.NO cd in,no play.

I copied them off the CD onto my HD.Make a folder "VIDEO" in the civ2 folder and put them in there.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Yeah, but my CD is already in my drive...still nothing...

Comment

Sounds like you have lost either the Indeo drivers - get these from the Microsoft site; or WinG - I forget where that comes from ... Since Civ is not really a 32 bit program it does not properly use the Registry so if you uninstall some other application that uses either of these they might well be wiped since Windows does not know that civ uses them...

Hope this helps some, SG[1]
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

grrr...can't find it...anyone know where I could get it?

Comment

I've seen several posts like this one.... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3863&highlight=WinG+AND+load+AND+failure When I installed Cedric Greene's excellent patch (MGE to FW) today, I had the error message "WinG Load Failure" when I tried to start the civ2.exe...
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

No...that's not it...I installed it and still get a blank for the emissary screen and can't see the opening movie. Anyone have any other ideas??? HELP!!!

Comment

Working...
                X