The perfect strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perfect strategy?

What is it? I really want to know. I've gone back to this game. Ole' faithful.

but I'm not all that successful on diety. I need help.

Re: The perfect strategy?

Originally posted by Dissident
    What is it? I really want to know. I've gone back to this game. Ole' faithful.

but I'm not all that successful on diety. I need help.
    I went back to this too! I am a lot more successful than I ever used to be. It's just not as challenging as Civ 3. Except when you have a stack of 8 nights killed by a bowman because you forgot that you lose the entire stack if the defender lost.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Welcome back to Civ2, guys!

It's clear to me that there isn't one best strategy. It's all in what you want to accomplish, tempered by how things unfold in the early going. I play deity-raging only. For me, the real fun is the many ways you can go approach it, learning something new every time.

Most dependable (for me) is the vet crusader - super ironclad - fundamentalist war footing. With the AI's combination of belligerence (esp. in MGE) and tactical stupidity, it's always a fun romp.

Most fun is democracy - trade, with explosive WLTxD growth.

The overall keys common to success include early monarchy, massive exploitation of trade, and constantly expanding city count.

But I've only been at it for under a year. Many others here are much more qualified to speak...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
      X