playstation version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playstation version

I need help with wonders in the PS one civ2 game,I think it is basically the same as Civ2 call to power.I want to put 3 wonders in each of 10 cities( the last 2 cities have 2 wonders).What is the best grouping set-up?

SECURUS JUDICAT ORBIS TERRARUM
    Last edited by Cassius Belli; August 22, 2002, 21:38.

Here it is the civ2 Microprose forum
    Not the call to power one

What wonders are you thinking about (to check whether we're speaking about civ2 or Ctp)
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

JB: I think it's Civ2, they haven't released CtP on PS, have they?

Cassius: well I think that you should put all the science wonders(Colossus, Copernicus Observatory, Newton College) in one city. don't need to mind about others.

BTW: does PS's Civ2 have as bad graphics as they say it has? and how's the interphase?
      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I know nothing about Playstation.

I do think that there are a few wonders that work well together - for example if you have a science city with Colossus (and later Newton and Copernicus) it will celebrate (more trade arrows, or quick growth) easier if you have HG in it, and later, Shakespeare.

Or you could build 2 huge cities, one with all the science wonders and another with HG/Shakespeare - if they both grow fast via celebration, the trade between them can be quite good. Especially if on different islands.

And of course, any big city is a good place to build KR Crusade, if you're into that.

Beyond that, I think the rest of the wonders have the same effects wherever you build them, IIRC. All those 'One-continent' wonders actually will affect all your cities regardless of which continent you're on.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Yeah,you guys are probably right about it being civ2,not ctp.Well the graphics are pretty lame,sort of reminds me of the graphics for the old Might and Magic for PC about 10 yrs ago, but it is REAL EASY to get around and do things with a control pad.If you use a large map and have the wonders video on it gets VERY chuggy as you build large cities.I'm hoping that civ3 will come out on PS2 with a map editor(wishful thinking?).I suppose I should save my coinage and buy a PC(I'm in a library for this).I'll try the science city idea and see what happens.
          Does anyone know if a strategy guide was put out on civ2 for PSone?Cheers people and thanks for the quick replies.

SECURUS JUDICAT ORBIS TERRARUM.

Comment

Yeah a PC is the better choise if you want to play strategy/simulation and such games. The PS1-2 is better for car/action/platform/fighting + ff games.
            I own a PS1.
            That's just my opinion of course.
            Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

There have been times when I really wanted a PS so I could buy 'action' games (Grand Theft Auto 3, Madden 2002, etc), but I fear I am too old for one
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
              X