No announcement yet.

Super sized cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

254 maximum cities, 127 maximum size, civ population "rolls over" above 32,767 × 10,000.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

It stops recording?
      Goes to Zero?

But it doesn't crash the game like 254 max cities does it?

Thank you for providing the numbers

Just wondering Straybow- what was your old login name?
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Yes, civ pop goes to zero and starts over (truncates high bit). I didn't know that 255th city would crash the game.

Original name "don Don" (taken from a Cheech and Chong character Don de Don Don)
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I can advise that ToT at least, does not crash after the 255th city. Instead, when you try to found a 256th (255th?) city, a popup saying 'too many cities' or words to that effect, appears.

I have never had that many cities in any but a ToT game with multiple maps - so I can't vouch for MGE or 2.42.
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

MGE has that popup as well and so I would imagine does the earlier versions.
            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
            X