No announcement yet.

Bribing Units is ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*finbar tries desperately to kill thread that is very much alive - unlike his first OT thread, which sank without trace after 3 or 4 replies*

Comment

*Horse lowers own standards by defining this thread as very much alive and goes on to resort to cheap shots*

------------------
      finbar
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Huh? Cheap shots are my stock in trade

Comment

*Horse takes refuge behind self-deprecation when, in fact, the opposite is the case*

------------------
          finbar
          Mono Rules!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity to thank finbar for keeping this thread at the top of the thread bar. 50 posts, that's 46 more than finbar's last thread.

Subconsciously he obviously wants this thread to succeed. It could also be guilt of course for bribing my ships.

Thanks again Mate

Comment

Hate to see a grown Horse cry, Horse.

------------------
              finbar
              Mono Rules!

Comment

quote:

Oh Great - a ship MAY have been bribed in 1797. That really clinches the argument

Ya asked for one example, and one example is what ya got!

If you really want a shipload of examples...
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

could you not consider bribing a ship as a form of piracy? or even a hijacking? If you don't sink the ship when you capture it, you make it yours, and the cost to bribe can be viewed simply as the expenditure that went into the planning and execution of the exercise, since reducing your treasury is a good way to simulate not getting something for nothing
                  Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Working...
                  X