Questions - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions - please help

I know these are really-really stupid questions, especially because I've been playing CIV2 for years, but, here they're:
    1. What benefits do you have if people celebrate a "We love ..." day ?
    2. The fact that you have a city in the "Top 5 cities" does help in any way?

Thanks!
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

WL*D - gives Republic trade in Monarchy, Fundy & ?Communism? - gives an extra citizen/turn (subject to there being a food surplus) in Rep & Dem - and I think it gives Monarchy food in Despotism
    top 5 cities - no benefit that I know of...
    good civin'

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Thanks

By one extra citizen per turn, you mean the city is growing by one, or has one extra citizen only for that turn?

"The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

The city actually grows one size - look at the OCC threads and you will see from our logs that virtually all the city growth is achieved by using WL*D - normally in two bursts one in early Rep upto size 12 and another after building Shakes upto size 21+.

You should be warned that it is much harder to handle once you have multiple cities...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

So, if I play democracy with a luxury rate of, let's say, 40%, and I have also some happiness wonders, my cities will just grow and grow and grow ...?
          [This message has been edited by Tiberius (edited May 30, 2000).]
          --George Bernard Shaw
          --Woody Allen

Comment

Depends on the happiness factors - Happy Wonders, temples, market places, etc. You need more happy citizens than content citizens in a city for it to celebrate WLT*D, and the celebration ceases either when a city's first unhappy citizen appears or the content citizens outnumber the happy citizens. And, of course, there needs to be a food surplus in the city. So if you're aiming to exploit the concept, irrigate!

------------------
            finbar
            Mono Rules!
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

When I have happy wonders and 40% luxuries most of my cities or celebrating. As finbar said, irrigate around your city to have enough food. If it's a coastal city you should also build a harbor. And don't forget aqueducts and sewer systems.

Comment

OK, OK, I know I must irrigate, build harbors, aqueducts and the other stuff. My question pointed elsewhere: if you have enough happiness and your people are celebrating "We love ...", is this enough for your city to grow, or there must be also a food surplus also?
                I guess I got the answer. Food also.
                --George Bernard Shaw
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Starving citizens aren't happy. No, but the increased growth rate is only effective as long as you have the food supplies to sustain it.
                  -Ken Bregott
                  Jack-of-all-trades, or if not all, then at least quite a few.

Comment

Working...
                  X