New Civilizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Civilizations

This is an issue that has probably gotten a lot of attention before, but...

We all know how easy it is in Civ2 to create new civs by just altering the rules.txt and city.txt -files. But a more difficult task is to figure all the suiting leader- and city-names, and to get those expansionist/perfectionist etc... -figures all correct.

So, this thread is for you to post the city-lists, leader-names and that stuff of (preferably real-world-) civs you've added to the game yourself. Don't be too critical of your own work, this is supposed to be fun (and also useful if someone wants to add them to his games)

I have some civs on this computer (Gauls, Hebrews, Nubians, Tibetans, Etruscans, Khmer, Mayans, Assyrians and Phoenicians), and lots of city-lists on another, but I'll let someone else to start this thing...
    You make my life and times
    A book of bluesy Saturdays

Well, it looks like you should post one list first to have any hope of anyone answering your call
    The civs you list look interesting
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

What about those leader pictures. Is it possible to change those?
      "Where the internet be free, high technology there be" - Journeyman journeys to Hong Kong Airport

Comment

I think the leader pictures are hard-wired and you need a special program to edit them, but it is possible. Look in Scenario League or the downloads section, there is something which has been developped to that end.
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
          I think the leader pictures are hard-wired and you need a special program to edit them, but it is possible. Look in Scenario League or the downloads section, there is something which has been developped to that end.
          Thanx. I got directed towards the Scenario League place in another thread too.
          I'm getting sick of the normal pictures.
          "Where the internet be free, high technology there be" - Journeyman journeys to Hong Kong Airport

Comment

Hey interesting new things someone can learn here. Yup the leader pictures are really boring and they often don`t match to the timeframe of some scens.
            Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Well I haven't edited this into my city.txt or anything, but quite often my empire is the Twin City / Twin Cities.

I just use names of suburbs here in Townsville for city names

If you really want I can give you a city name list...
              I only did one thing wrong today ... I got out of bed
              "Damnit, is it possible to spell medievel right?" -SilverDragon

herr_ren@gmx.net

Comment

Journeyman What about those leader pictures. Is it possible to change those?
                look this link at the Apolyton civ2 download section

Comment

I've changed the Greeks into the Amazons, complete with a partial city list of Amazon cities such as Themiscyra (capital), Tal Kyrte, Sinope, Selene, Artemsium, Titaneia and so on.

No need to change the leader picture, as Hippolyta was one of the queens of this legendary nation.

I've also moved my Amazons to the northern shores of the Black Sea (close to the Sea of Azov), as the whole Black Sea region is supposed to be where the Amazons lived 1500 years (and earlier) before the time of Jesus Christ.

Gatekeeper
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                    I've changed the Greeks into the Amazons, complete with a partial city list of Amazon cities such as Themiscyra (capital), Tal Kyrte, Sinope, Selene, Artemsium, Titaneia and so on.

Gatekeeper
                    Good idea and the only thing you have to do now is creating Amazon-like units. Think the standard Phalanx and Legion units would love to get beaten from these Amazon-babes
                    Dance to Trance

Comment

Galvatron:

I don't have access to a graphic-editing utility for the Macintosh version of Civ II. But if I did, I'd create some sort of mobile horse unit, since that seems to be what the Amazons of myth and legend were known for: excellent horse-riding skills. They were also known for their main weapon, the labrys, a double-headed axe, and their shields, which were moon-shaped.

Gatekeeper
                      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Yup they were really dangerous babes and don't forget their excellent skills with bow&arrow. And I've read somewhere that all of them were beautiful chics I've no idea how they managed this without genetic engineering .
                        Dance to Trance

Comment

Working...
                        X