No announcement yet.

Brother, can you spare an opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking purely for myself - it is not challenge I seek in Succession Games (I can get that by setting my own sub-rules and objectives in SP), but fun - for me the more restrictive the format the less (in general) the fun.

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I posted a picture of myself?

Err, which forum?

(And no, none of my avatars bear any resemblance to me. Okay, maybe the Gryz and Vivi avatars. )
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Wait a sec... El Civ, do you mean this one?
        Attached Files
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Sorry Vlad, I got you confused with just "Vlad". That pic is in the MP forum, in the Rogue's Gallery thread.
          Hello, my name is Shawn and I am Civ impaired.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
            P.S. Is there any older threads on succession games that could be worth reading?
            Yes, most are in this forum (tho one or two may be in the strategy forum):

I remember playing in: (approximate thread titles)

Anatolia succession game
            Succession in the real world
            Crusaders scenario succession game
            Hellenistic age succession game

The current crop is probably the most active games ever in the forum. Aside from the Amnesic game, in which nobody is supposed to tell what happened, all provide some good story lines. Some, such as the High Priestess in Space, are also full of pages upon pages of verbiage, with an occasional post about the game.
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

Thanks, Marquis! I'll have a look at those.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                P.S. Is there any older threads on succession games that could be worth reading?
                There is at least a dozen, starting I believe in 2000. You should look at the archives, some SG are hidden gems.
                The invasion earth was a one year epic, the 1st ever had some incredible stories, the OCC competition one was fierce (Ribannah really wanted his team to win), the gigamap one was huge (with masted DaveV teaching everybody what ICS really is) and so on ...
                Someone should link the succession games to the great library. I shall do it if I ever find enough time to archive them all with some script
                Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Here's an idea that was kicked around for a while: one city conquest. You have to wipe out all the AIs while never actually occupying one of their cities. Spies/diplos would obviously be key units for this one...
                  OCC conquest is done fairly routinely, with a variety of techniques. For instance, a couple weeks ago, Kev did it at another Civ website in a monthly game, just for the variation. He did not use spies, but did use dips (it was an early game OCC conquest on a large map).

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV
                    Here's an idea that was kicked around for a while: one city conquest. You have to wipe out all the AIs while never actually occupying one of their cities. Spies/diplos would obviously be key units for this one...
                    That sounds hard.
                    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Working...
                    X