phenomenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Ade

You are not alone. We discover new things after many years of regular play and count ourselves lucky and blessed...for we play "THE game". It's all very...
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

The phenomenon described at the top of this thread has apparently been experienced by STYOM in the ToT succession game : take a look at the thread of the same name
      Apparently, it didn't stop us from winning the game. No AI town and it's the end of the game, no matter if they have settlers, is this correct, I am not sure
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

It was a curious thing: I captured the last city for the Celts, and didn't get a message 'Celts destroyed'. The Foreign Ministry still showed an embassy for the Celts (listing their attitude and techs, but no cash and no city). So I assumed there was a NON settler running around somewhere, and sent a mass of AEGIS cruisers hunting for it.

But a turn or 2 later, the Celts disappeared from the diplomacy screen. Maybe it's a bug, maybe the Settler ran into barbs (there were a few in the area, IIRC).
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

So in the end this means the Frenchies are more or less unbeatable. Where is nothing you can't conquer nothing. Beware in the end they might even win the game well but their score will be more than lousy.
          Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette

marines? ...marines?
            You can take any coastal city, including one tile islands, with a warrior if you have killed the defenders with your mighty ironclads (or cruisers or battleships...)
            Don't feel bad Ade. I didn't realise this till around '98, a long time after starting to play the game.

Comment

Working...
            X