Proposition for another succession game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposition for another succession game

I have my hands full with succession games, but as I have a very funny idea I want to submit it to you now, even if we might only start it in a few days or weeks. It’s the Utopist succesion game. We play a peaceful civilization that cannot build any military unit : yes, not even a warrior. Only settlers/diplos/caravans/tiremes and their upgrades are possible. Our goal is to reach the stars as peacefully as possible, although I believe we’ll have to make a few concessions in the way. We cannot demand tribute either of course and logically, we should be in democracy, although other form of gvt might accepted before it is discovered. We can bribe ennemy units within our city radius, but we must then disband them on the same turn (eventually in the city to get some shields back from the cost) and we cannot incite ennemy cities to revolt (too much violence), only get ours back this way (as the people used to love so much living under our peaceful rule).
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Does this rule seem clear and challenging enough to you ?
    We could let barbarians activity up to raging hordes just for the fun.
    I think the world should be large to help building many “dispendable” cities. And too much early contact with the Ai could be disastrous, MGE looks frightening, maybe we can remain peaceful more easily and with less damage with 2.42, what do you think. But of course that if the majority of players interested are MGE ones, we might try it.
    Does anyone want to join me in this Utopic Project ?
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

I'm not advanced enough for a game like that. I'd thought about "The Whimsical Consession Game". Some game parameters would have to be used to make it enticing, but I thought it would be rather funny to play. My initial ideas were along the lines of changing Cure for Cancer into Cure for Hangover (the Gits would build it), renaming units after regulars here, etc. I wouldn't touch any of the actual game attributes though. After tooling around with my new MGE scenario editor I enen thought of a way to include Ming in the game (shh, it's a secret). Maybe I could make Eyes the barb leader
      Of course, it would be an MGE game and I don't know how many here can play MGE.
      Hello, my name is Shawn and I am Civ impaired.

Comment

Call it an OCC succession game! OCC would probably be the best strategy with such rules anyway. Do you allow transports/galleons? In such a game, barbarians rather help you, since they give you cheap units but attack others. And a single city defended by a camel can withstand hordes of barbarians. I suggest you do not put any barbs except in huts so that the AI be not hindered by them.
        I can only play ToT, but most people don't have it, so probably I am out. Still, it would be fun to see a succession OCC. I guarantee you that if I played such a game and we had more than one city at the start of my turn, I would only have one left at the end !
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Seems like it would be challenging in the early going - no martial law in despotism and monarchy! And I suppose NON units gained before founding would have to be disbanded?

Otherwise... it sounds like a OCC (no units built, just caravans/improvements) but with more cities, of course.

I might be willing to give it a try - but I'm already involved in 4 games now, plus I have this testing to do re: hut tipping, plus I wanted to start a comparison game for deity newbies based on one of the saves on the SGs' website...

... so this one might have to do without me for a bit!
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Yes, OCC without martial law under monarchy, that must be hard. I think I might try it SP just to see.
            BTW, Juilius, let me remind you you are supposed to do three genocides (celts, aztecs and mongols) and wage war against the evil zulus in the ToT succession game. Don't go peaceful there!!
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

This project is very interesting. But I have one problem...
              I don't know (can surmise but ain't sure... surrry) what a succession game is?
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                This project is very interesting. But I have one problem...
                I don't know (can surmise but ain't sure... surrry) what a succession game is?
                A succession game is simply a group of people each taking turns playing the same game. Whoever starts it sets the parameters (such as Julius has suggested) and plays the first 15 or so turns, posting the saved game file here. The next player in line uploads the game and plays 15 turns, posting the save. As the game progresses the number of turns each person plays decreases, since each turn takes longer the further into the game you get.

Comment

That's what I thought... I played one game like that...
                  So can I play?
                  Middle East!

Comment

I used to be quite good player, really, despite my ignorance shown here. Vide; Spanish Pride savegame in Hall of Fame
                    and two more savegames for this scn and one another
                    that weren't implemented yet.
                    Middle East!

Comment

Heresson, if they will let me play they will let anyone play
                      There are about 3 succession games going on right now but I imagine at least one of them is nearing an end and new ones should be starting soon. You might be able to join one in progress...you could ask whoever is hosting the games.

Comment

Thanks for info. Are savegames sent by mail or posted at forums?
                        Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                        X