No announcement yet.

Paradise City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep.1700,1800 beakers is not out of the question.The combo of Collosus,Cope's and Sir Ike's is awesome.Throw in Shakes and OCCers run 0 luxuries.You get alot of beakers out of that last 10%.

Thats at the end before flight.City has library,university,research lab,market,bank,stock exchange and superhighway and trade routes.Mega trade arrows happening.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

It doesn't have to be OCC either. Just build a wet city with 3-4 trade specials, follow the wonders and improvements Smash mentioned, set up 3 good trade routes, feed in caravans from other cities to build wonders, and viola, you have a super science city capable of 800-1000+ beakers. Fairly easy to do actually, just download the 4 whales scenario and play it normally.

Comment

The SSC and the possibility of seeing 1000+ beakers are two reasons why I keep civing. There is as much strategy behind getting a high science output in your SCC as there is in taking over the world by force. The art of war in this game is exciting, but can drag on and become a bore after a while. Maxing science output continues to remain exciting for me in both MP and SP.

------------------
        Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance
        [This message has been edited by Bohlen (edited May 24, 2000).]
        "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

OCC,SSC?
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

One City Challenge

Super Science City
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

What I once did.

I choosed a landlocked piece of land on a river delta, bascially all grassland. So I transformed all terrain to grassland, farmed and railroaded all the grassland-shield squares, and turned all the non shield grasslands into hills, which I mined and airbased.

Amazingly, the four resources in there were covered by hills! 3 wines and a coal! I railroaded and mined and airbased them all!

But after my massive investment, it was too late to have any decent wonders, so it became the largest military base in the world - SDI, City Wall, SAM...home to about 30 howitzer divisions and several tank armies...
              Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
              Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
              Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
              und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
              Only when it's smooth you will see
              How much fairy-tale is left for you
              And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

Smash, thanks!

CD, that is lucky w/ the wine & coal. I never have the patience w/ pure grassland because the engineers take so long. So it's interesting to hear what can be done.

Comment

Smash, great city. Were your defenses enough though?

Comment

not really but ok for this particular game.In OCC you always go light on defenses and heavy on tech gifting so you can form alliances.
                    This one was on a large map and there were no other civs close by

Comment

here is an OCC city doing over 1700 beakers per turn

http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/smashda...icture_204.jpg
                      [This message has been edited by Smash (edited May 29, 2000).]

Comment

i've seen a few here that find 30+ cities a lot apparently...strange, at the end most of my cities are 30+!!!provided there are no mountains of course, heh

------------------
                        ThermiteB(that's me!) RLZ like HELL!!!!!!!!!!
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                        X