High Council- Without CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Council- Without CD

I lost my CD is there anyway to get the high council to work without it?

Yes and No - a helpful answer - if you can beg or borrow a copy of the CD you can copy the directory Civ2\Video into the corresponding position on your HDD and you will now get the Council back ...

So yes you can have the council without the CD, but you need the CD to get the Council

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

can't I download it somewhere?

Comment

284Meg - and it won't zip much - I guess I could e-mail it to you from work on Tuesday - PM me with your e-address and preferred compression utilities (I have winzip, winrar & winace)

SG[1]

Comment

Normally I have all this stuff turned off but if you also copy the "kings" folder,along with the "video" folder you will greatly increase the peformance of the game when you have all that stuff turned on.Almost up to snuff with the MAC version

I would break it up into several smaller zips if I was gonna e-mail it.Or even upload it to web space(is that legal? its not the game just some effects)
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

would it take a long time to upload onto this?

anyone know of any sites that might have it so you don't have to go to the trouble?

Comment

I doubt that you'll find these videos anywhere on the net.

Just finding the downloadable game is hard.

Comment

You can find the game in stores still.It has been recently re-released in at least 2 "combo packs"

D/l speed would depend mainly on your internet connection.284mb is quite alot though.
                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

High Lord J, I could deliver you a CD-R with the Civ II videos, but where exactly would I have to send the disc? Antarctica? Send e-mail, instant messanging or PM on ACS, and I might send you those clips. Only a fool would use e-mail for 284 Mb...

P.S. This is free of charge, so why not ask for EMS postage?
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

sorry I live in US but can't give my adress out... I have cable so I can download things quick but I guess that wouldn't matter to the uploader. Anyone have any space on the internet that they can post the High Council.

Comment

I can't promise to keep them up long - someone may ask questions about copyright, but - for as long as it lasts, try here

SG[1]

Comment

Very sneaky, SG[1]. They'll never catch you.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I hope

SG[1]

Comment

you might try the cd "crack" you can run the game with without the cd
                            HawkHunter Chief of the Crusaders Tribe.. http://www.rathergood.com/vines/

Comment

have it just no videos

Comment

Working...
                              X