For you what is the way to win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you what is the way to win?

What is the way you like to win, if you can?

I like to win by sent the rocket!
    Play the Demo Games!!
    Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
    Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Conquest! -- I have been called a "rabid rodent" on these boards.

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I only conquest when I can in the early game before 1000 AD, if not possible I will try to win by rocket!
      Play the Demo Games!!
      Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
      Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

I (try to) win any way I can. Being the buider that I am I usually end up winning through a landing on AC. When I am in a bloodthirsty mood, however....

"I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

Comment

I usually like a spaceship win.
          If the morons become annoying... well usually I go for conquest
          googol... this is a number!
          "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
          "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

It's funny, I find that I feel sort of let down by a spaceship win. Sure, there I am on AC, ahead of everyone else... but the map shows these big, enigmatic size 18- and 20- cities ... and I always think, that they - Bortei and Lincoln and Mao and all the others - are laughing at me. Laughing amongst themselves, saying I took the easy way out, and that I was afraid to challenge their sprawling empires.

So now I feel the game is 'complete' when I see the guillotine take their smug heads off

STYOM
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Depends on the mood. The current game I am in I want to win via teh space race. But the Greeks continually want to make peace and then sneak attack 2 turns later. So now I am on a mission to wipe them out for good. The Aztecs, as small as they are try to talk a lot of smack and threaten me. Why I don’t know I could wipe them out in four turns no prob, so I guess they will be next. The stinker is I have to put everything on hold and concentrate on military and not advancing. When the Greeks are gone and if the Aztecs don’t bother me I will continue to try and win the space way, but if they don’t I guess I will have to resort to conquering.
              Support My ride in the fight to beat MS
              here

Comment

I try the duel win. Luanch the spaceship, and then conquer the world before it lands.

Unless I get so far ahead early so I get bored, then I set myself an artificial limit, (like 15 Turns) and see if I can finish conquering by then.

RAH
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Usually I go for the subvert thing at first, but then I realize I can't because the map is too large, so I then go for AC.

just a note, I use 33 structural/4 fuel/4 propulsion/4 solar panel/1 habitation/1 life support

it has a 95.5% chance of making it
                  I contend that we are both Atheists. I just believe in one fewer god then you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I dismiss yours.

Comment

No kmad - a certainty of making it - but only for 95.5 score rather than 100 ...

SG[1]
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

okay, thanks for clearing that up
                      i've only been playing civ for 3 months
                      I contend that we are both Atheists. I just believe in one fewer god then you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I dismiss yours.

Comment

I rarely 'win', i just play up 'till 2020 AD and keep the peace I don't usually send the SC because (1) I have Bloodlust on, (2) I want the game to keep going or (3) I forget
                        I only did one thing wrong today ... I got out of bed
                        "Damnit, is it possible to spell medievel right?" -SilverDragon

herr_ren@gmx.net

Comment

Working...
                        X