My first successful OCC-Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first successful OCC-Game

Having tried it about 20 times i managed to finish my first successful OCC-game. It was hard work!
    I failed to build Isaac's, but nevertheless my spaceship landed on AC in 2001.
    By the way, in other games I had a beaker-output up to 1284. I hardly could believe my eyes when I saw that (0% lux - thank you, William S.)
    In the actual games I was only producing 568 beakers, but I was technologically leading. Those damned vikings had conquered nearly the whole world except my city - Rome - and some Babylonian cities.
    The Vikings attacked me heavily.
    When I landed on AC the only defence left was a vet horseman (six thousand years old horseman ) and a just built stealth fighter. I woulldn't have survived the next turn.
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

Many congratulations - it is a great feeling to succeed at OCC - was this a random start or did you take one of the comparison game starts?

Great work, SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Congrats on winning the OCC!
      The next step will be to win on Diety with a size 1 city! (this actually happened )
      "I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

Comment

What in the world is "OCC"? Being new around here, I'm still learning the acronyms!

thanx!

Arenor Pendragon

Comment

One city challenge - play at deity with only one city and win by AC...

SG[1]
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Wow - that's possible????? How would you go about doing it? Settlers wouldn't be all that important I suppose except to upgrade the land around the city. What about huts? If you find a city within a hut does that count against you? Or do you play without huts as well? This is quite intriguing - I can't imagine winning with only one city!

Comment

Any info on OCC can be found here .
              Chack out the Paulicy under OCC and the notable AC landings. Samsons 1890 landing with only a size 1 city on Diety level is the gratest accomplishment IMHO!
              "I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

Comment

Congratulations, Ramses II.! Always a good feeling of success upon landing.
                The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                intelligence to few.

Comment

Here is a link to Paul's site

It has everything you need to become an OCC early lander
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Yes, its's a good feeling. I have trained my OCC-skills. I learnt that giving techs away makes youf friends (3-5 allies are now the rule) and brings you ca$h. Every time I meet a friend I ask him for a gift .
                    With the money I rush build wonders.
                    In one of my best OCC-tries (I failed in that game, I agree) I build 18 wonders! Although I couldn't land on AC I had a score of 56% - with a single city!
                    I'm very impressed - not of my skills, but of Sid. What a wonderful game he created!

Comment

@SG
                      Yes, it was a random start on a small map. Three specials (iron, silk, whale in a little pond), a couple of hills and a river, city on river. Later mined a 4th hidden special (wine!).
                      Took the site because of the many river grasland squares. One or two hills ont he river, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X