Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence Day

To all our American friends:
    Happy Independence Day and congratulations.
    We (I'm German) will never forget what America has done for Germany after WW II.
    Maybe some of the younger generation think different, but they haven't been witnesses of the Cold War like me (I'm 47).
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

US Independence day is July 4 - hoorah, all americans on the site! Ramses II., forget the cold war, WW2, etc, americans invented CIV!
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

aww, you aliens are so sweet.... now, if the ones our government is hiding out at area 51 are half as nice, maybe the movie independence day won't become reality....
      Yeah, and don't forget to think of us whenever you: use an electric bulb, drive, fly in a plane, look at a monitor or TV, use the internet, nuke small nations, go to disneyland, use the telephone, take most modern medications, don't live in a communist state, VOTE, enjoy our fine McDonald's hamburgers, or kill some terrorist scum hiding out in your home nation.
      as pangang says have a nice day

Comment

ramses II - have you not discovered the secret of
        The Off Topic Forum ?

-------------------

SG(2)
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

aww, you aliens are so sweet.... now, if the ones our government is hiding out at area 51 are half as nice, maybe the movie independence day won't become reality....
          Yes. Us aliens are quite amicable. At least until the mothership returns

Dave
          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Getting nicely on our civ2 feet

By the way, is there not a civ2 "independance day" scenario
            Where can one find it, is it a good one
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

I think there is one, but I dont remember where to find it. Will check around for it.
              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

@Scouse Gits

Yes, I know the OT-Forums, but i don't "know" most of the people there ... Sorry.
                Btw, on July 3rd, 1863, Gettysburg - who knew it?

Comment

Hey Ramses - I suspect that a new bunch of Succession Games might start in the next week or so - why don't you get on board?

SG[1]

Comment

@Scouse Gits[1]
                    Yes, I'd like to join a succession game. I didn't start one because there are some in progress. It would be a new experience for me. My strengths are in the middle game (bribing, trading, fighting, building, settling). I'm weak in micromanagement.
                    I like long term strategies (see my thread "Bribing a barb leader").
                    But I think there's enough room for every type of player in a succession game.

Comment

Re: Getting nicely on our civ2 feet

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida
                      By the way, is there not a civ2 "independance day" scenario
                      Where can one find it, is it a good one
                      CiC had a scenario about the US War for Independence. I remember it being mediocre. La Fayette played it in his challenge thread. I was unable to cleanse the continent of englishmen before he did, tho.

JoeDaddy715, I believe the internal combustion engine and automobile were german inventions...
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

Did anyone notice over on civ2|Multiplayer deity started a thread "Do Canadians celebrate Independance Day too?" with content line "or are you still a colony?"
                        Finbar got in a one line rejoinder before the thread got locked

SG[1]

Comment

Re: Re: Getting nicely on our civ2 feet

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq

CiC had a scenario about the US War for Independence. I remember it being mediocre. La Fayette played it in his challenge thread. I was unable to cleanse the continent of englishmen before he did, tho.
                          Independence is CiC. That's right.
                          But the record is not mine any longer, since Xin Yu finished his game by march 1863 IIRC (though with use of caravan rehoming...
                          ).
                          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
                          X