X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about civ2!

What is your opinion about civ2?
    Play the Demo Games!!
    Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
    Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

It's the top game.
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

Comment

Hey there!

Civilization II was and is one of the best games around. Sure, it has some problems (what program doesn't?) and some really strange AI oddities, but even with all the new eye candy rich and strong AI games around (MODded CTP/CTP2 are my favorities) I will still pop in Civilization II and find myself hooked into it all over again.

Arktiem

Comment

There is nothing to think about, just play... another turn, just another turn, a n o t h e r o n e, t h i s i s t h e l a s t , n o w a i t t h i s i s t h e l a s t .......

(on and on until you fall off asleep, and you'll be late the morning after)
        googol... this is a number!
        "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
        "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

It's a wonderful game, and a good substitute for crack or heroin or any other addictive substance. Tho it does cause some marital strife...

just one more turn...
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

I think you are asking the wrong people - just one more turn...

SG[1]
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

What do you THINK about civ2?? Come on, you don't think about it, you just FEEL it...

Just one more turn...
              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

I think Civ2, is the best game, I have come to use!
                Play the Demo Games!!
                Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
                Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

I will answer you question after I have just one more turn.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

hmmm. *thinks*
                    I propeply should reinstall Civ2..... ...jep! I'll do that.
                    (oh! don't worry, I have civ2 on my HD, it just doesn't work correctly, wonder moovies and diplo animations are kind of distorted)

Great Game
                    as said: good substitute for crack or heroin.
                    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Andemagne
                      as said: good substitute for crack or heroin.
                      btw can one OD on Civ2???

Shade, Just one(half ) more turn.
                      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

One more turn.

I think that phrase pretty well sums it up. But i have it a little different. I think i can count on two hands the number of Civ2 games i actually completed. What happens is i usually end up saying "Hey! I didn't try such and such scenario in Civ2 basic (or playing as one tribe or another in Civ2 ToT). I'll start up a game, play a few turns and finish this off after." Then, i get the "just-one-more-turn-itis". When i finally shake it off, well, i forgot where i was at in the other game, and where i was going, so i just drop it since, coincidentally, i'm very much into the new game - until i realise that i never played as any of the Alien races in the Sci-Fi game of ToT (which is true. Hmmmm....) There is jsut so many possibilities, plus getting user-made scens.... gosh , i don't think i'll [u]ever[/i] finish a game again! (Not! )

JH
                        There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives. :)

Comment

One More Turn....i have lost too many girlfriends b/c of this game....and i am not about to change that any time soon.....

as far as i am concerned, girls come and go, but civ is for life....

never has another series of games been so detrimental to my existence

the civ series is the only game to grab me for such a long period of time...about 11+ years now
                          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                            about 11+ years now
                            Just had a scarey thought, we may soon have to contend with second generation civ players.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

We already do -- SG{3} doesn't play much, but she qualifies ...

SG[1]
                              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                              X