No announcement yet.

Building space ship improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to quote hyday it hink beating her would make me lose the more than a hot meal

But really Shee is a newbie, just started geting into the game about 6 months ago as aposed to me who got addicted in '97 when i bought my first computer and found a copy of civilization and colonization packed together for $15 She has progressed quite rapidly (due in some part to the teachings of her husband I hope) and my little Wifey has just finnished her own solo game where the americans now rule the earth in 1989 AD...... I was quite proude of here, she just realized what i was talking about when I told her to "bombard" coastal cities and attack with marines. She found romans on a small Isle and sailed arround it taking every coastal city then moving inward, took about 8 turns.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

You do realise that you don't need marines for this strategy? Once a city has been denuded of defenders (flag down) any offensive unit (even an explorer) can hop directly off a ship into the city to take it ...

SG[1]
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Zedd, no need to sacrifice any for a game! Wow, a wife who loves civ... My brother-in-law doesn't know what he has (my sister loves civ, but he can't be bothered with computers... fool ).

Do you have two PCs set up for intranet gaming, or do you just give up the chair at the end of your turn?
        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
        intelligence to few.

Comment

Marquis de Sodaq,
          currently we play a hotseat game, however she now wants her own laptop so we may have an intranet setup soon...........which will be fun for me becouse l love setting that stuff up

Scouse Gits,
          thanks for the tip I didn't know that you could move into a enemy city from a ship in any case except for when using marines.
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

A non-combat unit (Setts, Explorer, Engrs) can take an undefended city, from land or ship.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
            X