Building space ship improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building space ship improvements

I am playing a MP game with my Wife and we elected to use the 2X options in the game. It is 500BC and I am researching future tech 5 and have most if not all wonders. (the only one not built is manhatan project b/c the Sioux would love to nuke me right now )

My problem is that even with all this and loads of prodution at my disposal the game has not given me the option of building a space ship. I thought it would be neat to build one and land on AC arround 1AD.

Do i have to win by combat???? I don't remember having an option to choose. I am playing MPG and i know it has a few bugs...
    (like haveing a "sioux are nearly finished..." warning right before the "sioux have build..." warning and then my city building the wonder automatically builds an engineer instead I hate loseing those shields!)
    but this hasn't hapened before. Also I am using the no CD patch if that has anything to do with it.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

BTW I never use my CD any more (big ugly scratch on it )and my videos and sound work just fine. You just have to copy the video and sound files into your civ folder just like they are positioned on the CD.
    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Unless you enter the cheat menu and save the game as a scenario and then reload -- the game does not allow the building of SS parts before 1AD.

What level are you playing???????

The SGs in the third bottle
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quick reply Scouse Gits.....

I think king level, My wife hates the higher ones.

BTW what is teh SG's?
        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Eh - have you had as much red as we have?
          SG = Scouse Git -- there are three of us, me [1], my buddy (2) and occasionally off topic my daughter {3}

We normally post individually, but on Friday night (2) and I are busy playing Civ and getting pi$$ed...

SG[1] typing, SG(2) drinking

Comment

Yeah, I know with 2.42 you can't build SS parts before 1 AD. I thought you could with MGE, or is it ToT that allows it? Or maybe I've got a bolt loose somewhere upstairs.

It would seem you need a handicap if you've built all the wonders and your wifey has none
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow

It would seem you need a handicap if you've built all the wonders and your wifey has none
              Will she extort some kind of 'tribute'?

googol... this is a number!
              "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
              "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

@ MN

Zedd - don't put the lady off - next game play with a house rule that the ONLY WoW that you can build is Apollo- let her take whatever she wants - and with luck trounce your ass seventeen different which ways!!!

Too many of us have a "My Wife Hates Civ" syndrome that can become a serious problem at times...

SG[1]

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                  Too many of us have a "My Wife Hates Civ" syndrome that can become a serious problem at times...

SG[1]
                  My wife loves Civ, it means she gets to watch her garbage shows on TV.

A happy wifey means Hydey gets a
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Acctually she holds her own......She is not much for micro-managing but she loves to build wonders and has about 7. the souix built quite a few of the wonders but decided to attack me thinking that becouse they were on an island i couldn't get to them......I love Airports
                    Now the souix are confined to one size 5 coastal city (no defense units) with my units fortified in any square that could possible produce a "shield"....and if they try to buy a offshore platform then my 8 spy's should be enough to stop that nonsense. i have a few turns left until 1 AD so i will see if i can start building then.
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

The situation appears to be quite difficult for the sioux.
                      Suggested strategies to help them?

Here is the Messer Niccolo's Mighty "You won't have any hot meal until you retire from my city squares"

Any other suggestion?
                      (other than going to watch tv until husband ends to click on "End Turn Button")

Comment

It seems to me that you treat the lady harshly, Zedd. If you are to be butchered, it is best done quickly with a sharp knife - being forced to 'continue playing' in those circumstances si worse than a millenium's sentance at the The Institute in Sticky Mouse.

SG[1]

Comment

Acctually I am helping her.

She allways plays teh Americans (quite patriotic) and I am playing the romans. The souix, greeks, germans, and babalonians are our rival civs. What i meant to say was that the souix are the only nation besides the two of us to have any wonders, they had seven...now of cousrse those belong ot me. My wife loves to build wonders, and all of them(except manhattan) have been built. I built 8, the souix 7 and she the other 12. Her downfall is waging war.she forgets what units have which ability so when someone attacks her i take em out. the two of us are in space race agains each other.
                          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Zedd has fear of "the Hot Meal Strategy"...

Crush the Sioux and head for your wife's capital!

Comment

I think that you must tell the lady about 'Polly and pass on our cordial invitation to join this merry throng. Perhaps, to keep the family feel, she might choose the handle, "Why"

SG[1]

Comment

Working...
                              X