Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sense Of Fun That Never Grows Old??

Hey hey....

Does anyone or everyone here agree that, even though the gameplay is always the same, Civ2 always gives you that giddy, fun feeling every time a new game is started?

I think Civ2 is the eighth wonder of the world..

I mean, how can a game that arguably plays the same every time you play it, at the same time seem so new and interesting every time you play it??????????

It's soooo amazing...

ha!

hee hee hee!!!

While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Actually i'm starting to tire of civ again (normal for me, i tend to cycle thru my main interests), but multiplaying, scenarios and various challenges have kept the game interesting for a long time

------------------
    Wizard of the Sayen Tribe

Join GAMELEAGUE today!

My Website
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I too tend to cycle through my main computer game interests; usually Civ2, Pharaoh, or AoK. Currently I am in a Civ2 phase.

------------------
      -GeoDan, Apolyton Geography Expert
      AKA GeoDude

Eternal tormentor and superior of Comrade Dan.
      -GeoDan

Comment

I am a cycler too. I go through intense periods of civ II game play and I think it is the eigth wonder of the world and then I go through periods where I harldly play at all (Like the past few weeks). However, I never stray to another game and always come back to civ
        Apolyton Empress
        "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

I go thru a civ phase, and then a phase for all the other games I have. The two phases are approximately equal in time. However, I just got railroad tycoon 2 so I am playing that a lot.

Comment

Only the best of games can do that for you. They keep you in a cycle of phasing in and out, and as we all know, Civ2 is the best game there is for doing that. Truly the best TBG ever.
            Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Like the others here, Civ2 is on a cycle. But, it is the ONLY game that I play once each and every month. To give you an idea, here's my play list of major games for March-Sept. (yes, I do plan ahead):

Civ2 (a scenario)
              Battleground: Shiloh
              Civ2 (small map)
              Jack Nicklaus 6 (Augusta tournament)
              Pharaoh
              Civ2 (OCC)
              JN6 (Pebble Beach)
              Pharaoh
              Civ2 (that new ancient scenario)
              Conquest of the New World
              Civ2 (something...)
              Pharaoh
              Railroad Tycoon 2
              Civ2 (something...)
              West Front
              Civ2, Pharaoh, etc.

With playing Civ2 for about 2 weeks every month, it leaves little room for other games on a regular basis. That is why I have always tried to stay away from new games, knowing that it could eat into my Civ2 playtime (like Pharaoh has done). As long as there are historical scenarios to play (and new regular game challenges), Civ2 will remain on my rotation for a long, long time.

Comment

My shelf is full of games... and Civ is still the one I play the most. Some games can hold my interest for awhile, but after time passes, it's always back to Civ!
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Vee473, et al.:

The mark of a true game is re-playability. And that is an arena that Civilization II has more than successfully filled, IMHO. Powah to Civ!

That said, I play Civ II a lot. I go through some withdrawal — particularly after some of the shenanigans the AI gets away with — but inevitably come back.

**body starts shaking** Gods! Withdrawal is beginning! Mus ... must go PLAY! **L**

CYBERAmazon

------------------
                  Resistance is futile. Lower your shields and disable your weapons. You will be assimilated into the Borg Collective.
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Starting a game will always have a buzz to it. Where has the computer put you? Will you have a hut within your start area and within easy reach? If so, will it offer up a 2-move unit instead of Warrior Code? If not, should you hut hunt? If so, in which direction? (And how many times have you taken a decision to move in a certain direction, only to discover later that there was a hut within a couple of steps in the other direction?)

The Civ opening has to be one of the great game openings ever invented.

------------------
                    finbar
                    Mono Rules!
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                    X