The sailing MGE succession game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sailing MGE succession game

There’s already 4 sucession games going on, but all of them with 2.42. I think it is good to have one with MGE, too. There is no special rule to make it more difficult, all the challenge will come from the starting settings. It’s MGE, deity, raging hordes, with a giga random map of 250x131, small lands, archipelago. The bloodlust option is on and I’ve choses many expansive civs, fighting ferioucly to settle many islands. It could be (should be ?) tough to find and kill them all before 2020 ad. As we won’t get to them by trirem and might need Apollo to see the whole map, some balanced or even perfectionnist strategy, might be required. But it is of course up to who’s playing, that’s the fun of it.
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Here is a saved 4000bc game. I’ve already played first and second in 2 succession games yesterday and gladly give the 1st spot to someone else. I particulary hope to see the Git’s Admiral mastering super-ironclads on the oceans of this world, and Smash the master of ship chaining as minister of planification. We might also learn if LaFayette spies do swim (and if they do, what is the color of their bikinis). All MGE only players are also warmly awaited : Anterkov, Marquis de Sodaq, Jr-Rabbit, Zedd and all the others I am forgetting right now.

Lineup :
    1) Marquis de Sodaq
    2) Space05us
    3) Julius
    4) Scouse Gits (2)
    5) Straybow or someone else
    6) SG (1) [should play now]
    7)
    8)
    Last edited by Julius Brenzaida; June 18, 2002, 08:29.
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

And here is finally the saved game. We are the vikings as I thought a peaceful trading maritime civ was needed, but I changed the colors. Feel of course to find great fitting names for our glorious cities.
      Attached Files

Comment

I could be interested. but after monday, 'cos I
        have a test/exam on monday.

and jep, I only play MGE.
        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Count me in! Admiral de Sodaq at your service!

I'll download this weekend unless somebody else takes the lead...
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

In 4000bc, Sodaknud ascended to the viking throne. Wise soothsayers informed him that his new kingdom would grow to greatness, but the road would be long and full of adventure - and danger. His people would need to master the seas in order to reach supremacy...

He ordered his people to settle, as there were whales nearby. The other settlers found some friendly archers in a nearby hut. They were given the honor of defending the palace, Lutefisk, from any foreigners with harmful intent. Other units were sent about to explore the world. To the north, the land was arid, but the seas fertile. Some wise men looked at the lay of the land and thought there may be some gain in planting trees outside the capitol. Soon a forest grew, and it teemed with pheasants.

Meanwhile, the viking wise men concocted new things for the people to learn, beginning with a more efficient government form. Sodaknud was crowned our first king! Seeing the great expanses of water, our finest minds set about ways of mapping coastline and building boats. We mastered the horse and devised a number system. More importantly, they developed ways to tap the sea for its abundant fish. Some of our youth wish to train for the glorious task of exploring the wide world, to further our glory as a people! The wise men wish now to develop a standard of trade, so that we may grow wealthy as well as wise.

Our fertile womenfolk have provided us with large families. Many have gone forth and settled new towns, expanding our young realm. It is now 2000bc, and all is well. The first ship is ready to sail from Lefse. King Sodaknud quietly passes away, with a content look on his face. The people are saddened, but look forward to their next leader to continue their journey to greatness...
            Attached Files
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

I'll take it from here. lets hope I don't screw up

Comment

1950bc tipped hut got... a legion
                also first ship built in lefse
                1700bc begin researching writing, explorer built sent off in trimeme to explore foriegn lands
                1600be panama builds settlers, find cool little island off the coast east of lefse
                1550bc landed one steange lands north of the homeland, hope to find humans
                1500bc nanking builds settlers, explorer tips hut gets legion (home city NONE)
                1450bc begin construction on "trade roads" south of Nanking, trimeme heads back home to wait for horsemen who are done exploring the home island
                1350bc Tsingtao builds settlers, legion tips hut and finds... more legions
                1300 Lutefisk builds settlers
                1250 Lefse builds settlers, Contact with Phillip II of the Spanish!

Transcripts of meeting:
                King P: "GIVE ME MAP MAKING NOW OR DIE VIAL SCUM!!!"
                Legion: "um...." sweat beads on his forehead as he knows the entire future depends on his decision "um.. NO! I WILL NOT!"
                King P: "Oh, Okay how about peace?"
                Legion: "Alright"
                ((I am oh so tempted to attack!))

1200bc Spac (spak) is founded
                1150bc writing discovered begin researching literacy, Lutefisk phalax now gaurds and belongs to Spac (oh forgot to mention Lutefisk has been working on Marco Polos embassy, no worries they don't have a food surplus...yet)
                1100bc Chengdu founded
                1050bc 2 legions march towards Spanish city Salamanca.
                1000bc Hangchow founded, horsemen start in direction of legions. explorer tips hut learns mysticism.

Luckily for you (if you're trying to avoid war) Im going to stop here
                just some info on Spanish army, the most advanced unit I saw was a phalax
                Attached Files

Comment

Great, thanks for joining.
                  I am playing now and I am updating the list on post 2.
                  More players are warmly welcome

Comment

Keep a later slot warm for me Julius ...

SG[1]
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

975 bc. Spanishs look strong. We don’t attack ... yet. 3 units shall contain them and we can occupy the fertile land of the south of their continent and teach them the viking way later on.
                      950 bc. Knudavik founded.
                      925-900-875 bc. Knudafoldur founded.
                      850bc. Spanish sneak attack. We lose a legion and them 3 units. I thought they were “rational”, damn that MGE AI ! We discover a new continent in the west.
                      825 bc. We lose a horseman, 2 units lost by spanish, they seem to have plenty chariots and we’re losing this war. 50 gold in a hut. We discover literacy.
                      800 bc. We lose our last legion in spanish land, so much for my plan. We should make peace and hang tough with our only city. It should occupy the spanish, then less prone to expand elsewhere with our nail city in their back . Philosophy from a hut.
                      775 bc. We discover astronomy.
                      750-725 bc. We kill one of those *** chariot, but I fear more are coming.

Comment

10 turns played, good time to resign, This one is moving fast and we need new blood. Mine is spilled all over the spanish continent. The new leader need to choose a path, a golden one if possible, because right now, we’re quite astray.
                        Here is the saved game.
                        Attached Files

Comment

maybe I should have attacked them when I had planned on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                            maybe I should have attacked them when I had planned on it...
                            I think they were already too strong
                            Who's next ? Straybow, LaFayette, the Gits, someone else
                            Come on, the viking nation is calling for your help
                            Last edited by Julius Brenzaida; June 17, 2002, 04:51.

Comment

I'm tempted to take the next turn..... even though it's not mine.....

Comment

Working...
                              X