Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rodent King (R)

That was fun .......

2400 = Horse reports Persians to NE - go find; adjust workers, Monarchy + 3 beakers next
    2350 = Monarchy as advertised; Rodent picks Poly; Horse finds angry (dead) Barb;
    2300 = Uncooperative (soon to be dead) Persians; Refuse treaty - let's keep our reputation ; We are Mighty (they are Weak); Chariot finds Nomad ; Revolution brothers (hang Vlad from lamp-post just for realism)
    2250 = Settler in Spamarkand; Monarchy (science at 9 turns); Science @ 7 now;
    2200 =
    2150 = Settler tickled
    2100 = Persians declare war - on spotless little us - Phalanx dies against our horse (on hill ) horse chooses better part of valour when Archer hoves into view; Oil Well founded;
    2050 =
    2000 = Poly next turn +5 beakers; hope for Pot ....
    1950 = Polytheism -> Pottery (in time for the luvly Gardens ); CashFlow founded; Science @ 5 (all gold in use )
    1900 = Settler tickled; Barracks started in OilWell - vet Ellies to follow - DEATH TO THE PERSIANS WHO DEFILE OUR HOLY CONTINENT (woops haven't actually got monotheism yet)

The days of King Rodent have ended - for now!

Enjoy - the holy scriptures require that you enjoy!

SG[1]
    Attached Files
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Zedd - if you would like to play in a MGE Succession game there are two avenues - the simplest and quickest is to play 10 or so turns from a random start and post here and see who will pick it up - one of us will almost certainly leap in - or - if you are uncertain of the techniques involved - just start a new thread asking for MGE Succession players - and again - we'll probably leap in...

Good luck - keep on civin, the SGs in tandem and the second bottle

Comment

Sorry 'bout that.

I used to have 2.42, but then I lent the CD to someone else. That person moved away a few months later, before I had a chance to ask for it back. This was before I purchased my current computer.

So I guess I'm out. Again, my apologies.
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Great to see all those succession games going
          It looks like we should start another one with MGE, as we are leaving many people behind
          But with Mrs Mongol, the Amnesic and Straybow's one, do we risk overload
          Anyway, as I am in conquering mood, I shall start a fourth SG in 2 days
          Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

The idiots were out in force tonight—no time for Civving.
            I may start wee hours of Sunday am, again depending on work.
            Real life gets in the way of Civving too much. I'll have to give that up some day…
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

...yes, but if I play next to Emperor Rabid Rodent what is left to me to criticize?
              (nevertheless, if no one plays until tomorrow, I shall keep it rolling)
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I'm on it…
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

What is it with Brits and Queens? Just because they've got one they think everyone else must as well?

1900 General Straybow takes command of the Mongol Hordes. The rumor that
                  –––– he never got the hang of shooting from the saddle is not true.
                  –––– Is Not, so There!
                  1800 Pottery, how handy! Not much useful to choose from…
                  –––– 9 gold plundered from Pasargadae!
                  –––– Persian archers bear a plea for cease fire; outgunned I say OK
                  1750 Hut 100 gold
                  1550 Straybow founds Short.
                  1500 Hut 100! Our treasury permits us to rush the great statue of Crom…
                  1450 Colossus 18b increases to 20b
                  1400 Mysticism, how handy! Now figure out how to make scrolls.
                  1100 Writing, how handy! Convince the merchants that our coins will be
                  –––– of consistant weight and a great boon over bartering.
                  1050 Hut 25; forgot to rush Library (doh!)
                  1000 Hut Wheel; Library now 22b

Oil & Spam finished Barracks and another is started in Fish.

Comment

I would've added this to "I'm on it…"

Can't add an attachment via edit
                    Attached Files

Comment

Grrrrr

I forgot that previewing clears the attachment pane…
                      Attached Files

Comment

King Rodent enquires as to the exact military value of large statues when compared with pwetty fwowers?

SG[1]

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                          What is it with Brits and Queens? Just because they've got one they think everyone else must as well?
                          uhmmm...and I thought your leading lady was the Statue of Liberty...oh sorry - Mrs Clinton

---------------------

SG(2)

Comment

Gits, wouldn't it be good to put the lineup in a post, as you did so masterfully in the mad mad game
                            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

You are correct of course julius. I shall point this out to (2) as soon as we emerge from this very convivial and alcoholic barbecue that we are currently enjoying ...

SG[1]

Comment

It has been a lovely weekend!
                                Sorry but as Straybow mentioned before, sometimes civ isn't in first place (I know, hard to believe...).

Barbecues, sunbathing, girlfriend and others pulled me off my pc...

I'll give a try tomorrow. But again feel free to skip me!

<-- that's me on this sat & sun....
                                googol... this is a number!
                                "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                                "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Working...
                                X