Do you Auto Settlers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade
    (ps what is the chance of getting a caravan stuck on a mountain when it's the only not-RR square on the island,using the Go-to command ???...)
    That's a no-brainer p = 1 of course!!!

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

No-no-no!

That feature is far too stupid.

"Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
      --

Comment

No, AI is too stupid. The go-to command is already bad enough
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

I once saw an automated settler irrigate a spice becouse the size 3 city only had 6 irrigated grasslands to choose from

so no, never, even if I have to move those 100 engineers

Comment

No way (except maybe on a one-city, no-special island). The worst -- and this is where I learned my lesson -- is when you have a whole army of automated settlers/engineers late in the game, and a square gets polluted; 40 guys drop what they're doing, hope a train, and travel halfway across the continent to take care of it.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Only once in a blue moon. Never in MP, but every now an then in SP i'll try for the for irrigation in the middle of nowhere. But since about 50% of the time the settler just moves off, I've kind of stop even trying.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                is when you have a whole army of automated settlers/engineers late in the game, and a square gets polluted; 40 guys drop what they're doing, hope a train, and travel halfway across the continent to take care of it.
                It takes an army to clean up messes!!! LOLOL

Comment

I have to teach my settlers how to "hope" a train.
                  Maybe it would save some research.

RAH
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                    Otherwise, they tend to do dumb things like cut down irrigated forests, or destroy silkworm habitats, when automated. Usually the risk of wasted settler actions is too high to automate them.
                    STYOM
                    Yes, the automated settler is dumb, but what is cutting down irrigated forrests
                    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

I never use it. it's the same thing as cheating because if you do it in the MFN it can still irrigate.

Comment

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida

Yes, the automated settler is dumb, but what is cutting down irrigated forrests
                        A symptom of inadequate proofreading!

I think I either meant to say 'irrigating forests', or 'cutting down rivered forests'... but you get my point...

(automated settlers think silk on a river would make a nice plain... mmmm, buffalo steak, he thinks... )
                        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                        X