No announcement yet.

The Mad 2.42 Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After having been granted La Fayette's prize for the building of long canals, Straybow receives a no-return ticket to StickyMouse, where the experienced leader of the local luxury goulag, Herr Doktor STYOM, will be in charge of his re-education, especially in the field of woodchopping and canaldigging.

La Fayete notices that 12 silly cities have not yet chosen to live under the rule of the wise leaders and decides that this vile provocation can no longer be tolerated.
    Research is stopped, vet spies are built, and the education of those slow- learning pupils begins.

1788:
    Ashur bought for 112g (no more Babs)
    Ormuz bought for 288g (no more Mongols)

1790:
    Caernarfon conquered by our valiant cavalry
    Cardiff conquered by our valiant cavalry
    Tintagel bought for 368g
    Kells bought for 368g
    Dye delivered in Kaupang (94g)
    Kaupang bought for 520g
    Armagh bought for 336g
    Caerphilly bought for 178g (no more Celts)

1792:
    Trondheim conquered by our valiant cavalry
    The Udal bought for 160g (no more Vikings)

(La Fayette, happy to mention that he must have forgotten one city somewhere, since there were 12 left and there are only 11 on his log )
    Attached Files
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• straybow
      I quite agree with you that our co-leaders have widely demonstrated their ability to live without a proper road and RR network. They shall therefore be sent to StickyMouse and you will be in charge with their re-education.
      I shall stay in ScouseHolme where a considerable amount of bottles (presumably left there by the Gits) has been discovered and must be taken care of.

Comment

• Aarhus is the one you forgot.

Hmph. Didn't like my Alpine Troops?? I didn't think it was possible to buy the last city of the civ even without a Palace. My re-education is going well.

d/l; Civ2 says "Failed to load game: file is not a saved game." d/l again, same result. Did you MGE it?
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Arrgh I can't load it either Straybow. Hope we can figure it out I don't have MGE anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mercatia
            Arrgh I can't load it either Straybow. Hope we can figure it out I don't have MGE anymore.
            The peanut gallery responds in agreement. Actually amazed this has only happened once in ten pages.

This has been a great learning experience watching this game progress. I now understand in a way I never could before from reading text alone. Thanks especially to those whose logs emphasised the strategy behind the moves. This process really brings alive the Great Library...like a lab practicum. Probably should be required of all students before they can graduate.

And the story lines!!! (looks for missing wav file of thunderous applause)
            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• The Napoleonic War was shorter this time La Fayette! Well done. Your spies must have put the save game file into a cunning code which is impossible to open.

Good to know the crowd enjoyed it

---------------------

SG(2)
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Yup - it's MGE - now who is off to StickyMouse now - leave those bottles alone!!!!

SG[1]

Comment

• Now I must leave those bottles to someone who deserves them and send myself to StickyMouse for civ2 reeducation.
                  I forgot we were playing this game in 2.42 and played this turn with my UCC CD.

(La Fayette, on his way to the goulag)

(La Fayette, after short reeducation)

(La Fayette, gathering forces until next MAD succession game starts)

Comment

• OK I shall replay in 2.42.
                    It's only 3 turns after all.

Comment

• Here it is:
                      as you can see, the savegame is 1790, Trondheim is unwalled and empty, and there are 5 or 6 cavalry units around the city.
                      Shall get a bottle in Scouse Holme and drink it to your health.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Many congratulations to all.
                        I hope that you all enjoyed it as much as I did.
                        Have a drink on me ...

I believe that SG(2) is dreaming up the next Mad Succession, trust you will all join in...

SG[1]

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                          I believe that SG(2) is dreaming up the next Mad Succession, trust you will all join in...

SG[1]
                          Sign me up, mad or not!
                          googol... this is a number!
                          "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                          "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

• If we really want a challenge instead of a bumbling ICS vs Perfectionist tug-o-war ending in Dip/Spy rape we should do a large map and have a few agreements on how mad we let things get.

(…in addition to canals, that is )
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• An 18th century conquest at Deity is certainly no record, but as several players had never or seldom played at this level it ain't bad - certainly not 'bumbling' - and if you think that this is ICS - you ain't seen nothing yet!!!

But a few ground rules might be an idea ...

SG[1]

Comment

• No, but it when only one city gets developed worth spit it isn't any better than ICS…

On to It's a Mad Mad Scxn Game!

Comment

Working...
                                X