Military Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Base

I was just wondering, can you station units in airbases? As in ground units that is. Can you do this in enemy teritory without getting chucked out (peace time not war)? If so, then it'd be really cool to build an airbase, and station units covered by bombers just ready to pounce ...

I know bomber shielding is considered cheating... but all fair in war!
    îÁ ÄÅ×ÑÔÅÒÎÏÊ ×ÉÓÔÕÀÔ ÐÏÐÙ, ÓÔÕÄÅÎÔÙ
    É ÎÁÞÁÌØÎÉË ÓÔÁÎÃÉÉ áÒÍÁ×ÉÒ.

Re: Military Base

Originally posted by dabossss
    I was just wondering, can you station units in airbases? As in ground units that is.
    Don't think it works like that,you just get a unit standing on a tile...
    Can you do this in enemy teritory without getting chucked out (peace time not war)? If so, then it'd be really cool to build an airbase, and station units covered by bombers just ready to pounce ...
    one way to find out--> trail and error...good luck
    I know bomber shielding is considered cheating... but all fair in war!
    I'm not sure you get bombershielding in that situation since airplanes on airports can be attacked by landunits.

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

As shade states, you just get a unit on a tile. If you build a fortress, the airbase will disappear - they are mutually exclusive, just as you can't mine and irrigate together.

If this is in enemy territory, you will get tossed out.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

I'm not sure if you can find it in the GL or in the Xin Yu interview, but 'Xin Yu's X-pack' apparently (I've never tried it) shows you how to benefit from bomber shielding, fortress, and airfield all at once. You need a bunch of engineers, a bomber and some stealth fighters IIRC.

STYOM
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Sometimes you just have to put units in an air base because the AI gets the bright idea of taking your base before you get any bombers over there.
          You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

Airbases act as forts as in units are destroyed one at a time, but they don't add defensive bonus, and you units can still get kicked out of an enemy's territory.
            A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Working...
            X