Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My very own mod

Hi guys,

just wanna let you know I finished my very own adaptation of Civ2. After several weeks work (well not day and night) the game corresponds exactly to my taste.
    The game plays still very much like the old one, but every aspect has been thoroughly examined to see if it fit. Some features:

- tech tree entirely restructured; about half of the techs new. Including: Tanning, Public Opinion, Imperialism, War Machines, Electric Media, Fascism and Motorization. Every single tech slot occupied (excluding Fusion Power; I don't want safe Nuclear Plants!)
    - all new terrain (from the top of my mind): Polar, Cold Fields, Forest (Pine, Seasonal, Mediterranean), Warm Fields (three different types), Wetland (three different types), Mountains, Tropical Highland, Rain Forest and Savannah.
    - all new special resources include Honey, Seals, Drugs, Rubber, Shellfish, Glass. All artwork by me and it looks great (wish I could show it here...)
    - several new buildings and units, including Trade Centers
    (Superhighways), Slave Markets (Offshore Platform), Cataphracts (3.2.2), Machine Gunners (2.6.1) and Mobile SAMs
    - all new Wonders, including Rheinland Industry (KRC), Triple Alliance (UN) and Stonehenge (CO).

One suggestion: if you ever decide to radically alter the game yourself, you'd better put your social life on the shelves for some weeks. It's distracting like hell
    Isn't it great how much fun you can have with a game 7 years old? Anyways. Thanks for listening!

So... are you going to post it for download?
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

Uhmm... I've tried a couple of times to send a file to Apolyton, but it never arrived. I think I'll try it in a few days, after some more playtesting. Good to see someone's interested!

Btw did I mention there are some 35 civs in the Rules.txt? All with an extensive city list!

Comment

you could zip it up and attach it to a post. it may take a while to be put up on the site, as MarkG and DanQ are notoriously busy...
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by SilentScreams
          Uhmm... I've tried a couple of times to send a file to Apolyton, but it never arrived. I think I'll try it in a few days, after some more playtesting. Good to see someone's interested!

Btw did I mention there are some 35 civs in the Rules.txt? All with an extensive city list!
          ... I'm intrigued... where is the follow up?
          googol... this is a number!
          "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
          "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

I assure you that this is going to be a very nice mod, but I havent even finished playtesting it (currently in late renaissance). I'm wondering if the AI properly builds city walls and irrigates. I think it works all right, probably requires a slightly higher difficulty level than normal. But I won't "release" it before I believe it to be perfect! Just keep posting in this tread and you'll probably be playing it within a week or so...

Oh, and did I say 35 civs? Make that 45!

Comment

Working...
            X