Democracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by La Fayette
    3) If ONE city stays ONE turn in civil disorder, then your government collapses and you will remain in anarchy until the next oedo year.

Are you sure it isn't 2? (ie. at least 2 cities for one turn or 1 city for 2 turns)
    I only did one thing wrong today ... I got out of bed
    "Damnit, is it possible to spell medievel right?" -SilverDragon

herr_ren@gmx.net

Comment

I think we are all agreeing - but counting differently.

AFAIK - if you start a turn with a city in dispute and the following turn that city is still in dispute - your government falls.

I have never encountered any governmental collapses involving more than one city - but avoiding the condition above.
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

in Democracy as long as the same citie(s) do not remain in revolt for more than one turn you are ok....rome is in revolt, you fix it...start next turn and veii is in revolt....no govt collapse.....however you may wish to check your level of innebriation (spelling?) and make a decision as to whether too much red wine and civ mix?

Ask a Scouse or Two about that one
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Let me see if this explanation makes things worse

There are two ways to get a city into disorder.

The first way involves a city which you already had. Something happens (government change, units overseas, improvement sold or destroyed, wonder expires, etc) which makes the unhappies outnumber the happies. At the start of the turn when this happens, the pop up window appears saying 'Civil Disorder!'. In a democracy, you'd better do something right then, or later in that turn before you hit 'end turn'. Otherwise, the 'civil disorder' message will appear next turn as well, and it's too late to do anything, kaboom, your empire revolts and if you're like me, you have to sit through about 70 disorder messages that drive you crazy.

Now, you might have a city that was happy at the start of your turn, but you did something during the turn (moved a unit, sold an improvement, etc) that made the unhappies outnumber the happies. Doesn't matter. That turn the city counts as happy, and you get the 'civil disorder' message the next turn. And if it's still in disorder the turn after that, you get a government collapse.

The other way to cause a city to go into disorder is to bribe or capture it. These cities are always (I think) in disorder when you capture them - i.e. they show on the city menu as being in disorder. Doesn't matter how many red versus blue faces you have, it's still in disorder. And it doesn't seem to matter whether the city was in disorder before you captured it.

If the blues outnumber or equal the reds, you don't have to do anything.

If they don't (or something happens later in the turn that makes the reds outnumber the blues, like moving a unit out of the city, and you don't address the situation before the turn ends), then next turn you'll get the 'Civil Disorder' message in that city. Even though you never saw that message before, kaboom, your empire revolts. This is clearly different from the first situation, when you need 2 consecutive 'Civil Disorder' messages for the government to collapse.

Incidentally... This always happens to me no matter how ******** careful I am!!

In other words, it can happen by accident very easily. But in a sense, that city hasn't been in disorder for 2 full turns, so I consider it a rotten AI trick.

I love Fundamentalism

STYOM
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
            I love Fundamentalism
            Yeah

SG[1]

Comment

Me, I love democracy
              We love the president's day all through the empire
              Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Yes, JB - but there comes a time (food/infrastructure) when you have to turn it off - as it does no more good. Those light blue Fundamentalists just carry on pouring their tithes into the Imperial coffers

SG[1]

Comment

Working...
                X