Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can cause a SMEDS application error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah gifx was usednow...

Both tiles.dll and mk.dll are smaller than in the MGE folder. In mk.dll, the last image is cut off and several are missing (should be 42 leader images but are something 30ish), so I supposed it was damaged. Copied the MGE mk.dll, but it still doesn't work... maybe the MGE mk.dll is altered. soemthing about versions, who knows... but then the error message is the same...

Comment

yep, copied tiles.dll as well for trying and now I got similar error messages from the start on...

so I need an undamaged FW mk.dll... that one should be something between 2 and 3 megs

could someone put it up and post the link here, please?

Comment

this is odd:

I got the mk.dll of a friend (Siro ) and now I can negotiate again and all

but when I load a savegame or start a new game, I still get a smeds application error. namely when units are supposed to blink. question now: do DLLs get updated with scenario add-ons? I'l try that out and install FW again now...

Comment

you know, that if your diplomacy windows appear on the map, you should go to the Options menu, and make sure that [Diplomacy window] is checked

Comment

The Mk.DLL I sent you is from the 2.42 version

go fig

Comment

The award for the most stupid reply goes for HsFB and Sirotnikov for trying to make the thread creator look like a fool while they're being the foold themselves.

So why do I get a SMEDS application error, if I have unchecked a simple box? Haven't you read the thread title?

Comment

The problem is solved, but that was only achieved after installing FW another time. This thread has served its purpose.

Thanks to all of you.

The spamfest can begin

Comment

Error Schemerror ... am I supposed to pay attention to your puny little words?

Anyway, good riddance (of the problem, that is)

Comment

1. After playing Civ2 for 6 years I should have figured what options there are.

2. Why would I open a thread about SMEDS errors when my problem was just as small as that.

Comment

Working...
                    X