Handles, handles, handles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handles, handles, handles...

Ancient gods, initials, abbreviations, movie characters, cartoons, historical persons, wifes who don't like computer games.

The list goes on and on and on. Where did you get your handle from, what does it symbolise?

Mine is latin for King Charles, in my case representing a Swedish king who lived 1682-1718.

Carolus

Hey there Carolus. Didn't we have this discussion before? For everyone else, not like you see my handle much as I do more lurking than posting, but here it is: Lord Grey was a British politician/noble who is most known for the line, "The lamps are going out all over Europe, we will not see them lit in our lifetimes" as the Great War began. I picked the name because I like that quote and also because I like the handle Grey, and I figured it needed a rank on a Civ2 board.

Comment

Forgot to tell you why I chose Carolus Rex. I admire that king, not so much for what he did as for his character.

Carolus

Comment

First name: Kent. Last name: Wang. You put two and two together... That gives you 3.

Comment

It's my first name.

*yawn* Creative I know! ;-)

Comment

Mine's kind of funny: back about 3 years ago, when I was first going online, I was playing a lot of civ2. I liked to play as the mongols, and one of my oldest nicknames was Con Man Ed. I changed it to KhanMan when I started posting on the universal/herk fanfic forums, and, now, a couple of years later, it came full circle as my civ forums handle...

KhanMan
            Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
            -KhanMan

Comment

Mine is from an AD&D (remember that ???) character I had many many years ago. A fairly successful, somewhat obnoxious, half elf who had a panache for getting into trouble and losing other peoples money.

Comment

Ming is from the old black and white movie serials. He is the arch nemisis of our hero Flash Gordon. His nick name in the movies is Ming the Merciless. It matches up to my style of Civ.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No, it's not what you think.

For those of you who are NOT college hockey fans (and I just can't imagine how empty your lives are), when your team scores a goal, everyone taunts the opposing goalie by yelling, "Sieve sieve sieve sieve!" over and over.

Well, one day we were playing rubberband hockey (don't ask) at work and I scored a particulary righteous goal so I started in with the "sieve sieve" routine. A buddy of mine, who unbeknownst to me was also a college hockey fan, popped his head up and said, "So you like to yell sieve too? And I thought I was the only hockey nut around here!"

I never gave that day much thought until I stumbled across this site.

Comment

I use this one because I like the reference to the Egyptian God RA. But since, I'm not a god, I added an H. I also always laugh at the rah rah type people. And lastly, and most original, these are my initials. When I first came to this site, I wasn't sure if I'd ever be back so I used something I might remember. (God knows how many posts later) Being an IT Director means I have to remember many differenct logon IDs and passwords. I'm too brain dead when I get home to think up and remember new ones.
                    AND FINALLY... MING was already taken. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Mine is also an old favorite AD&D character of mine. I suppose this officially labels me as a geek. ^-^ Oh well. Anyways, I always saw this character & another one as two sides of my personality. Theben was a loyal, trustworthy, reluctant leader, fighter wanna-be-paladin type(lawful). The other was a not a care in the world elf cleric/thief(extremely chaotic).
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

It seems like I'm following Ming around today...
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I picked my name becuase I'm always doing it.

Right now I am laughing at Sieve Toos hockey story. You'd never have to explain such a silly thing in Canada.

Comment

Okay, I was looking around the SimCity 2000 Special Edition CD when I stumbled on a very interesting city. I think it was called something along the lines of St. Chrisopolis. In it all the landmarks were named in honour of "St." Chris. I was inspired to build my own similarly themed city and then started using it as my handle on the 'Net.:-)
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I used to use "Fistandantilus" from AD&D Dragonlance as my handle. However, it's a bit too long to type, so I shorten it to "Fist". For uniqueness, I add my surname "Leaf" behind "Fist".

Comment

Working...
                              X