throne room question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throne room question

under what circumstances do you get to upgrade your throne room?

It's most probably score related.

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I believe it has something to do with happiness.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Build a couple of advances (Great Wall etc.) at the start of the game and you'll get to upgrade the throne room.

The same thing also happens (I think) when beating a strong civ and stuff like that; it's very similar to civ1.

Comment

I think it's score related, too. I never really did any experimenation to see if I'm right, but I'm fairly certain.
          You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

Does noone have a decent answer to that question?

Comment

I always got tired of the throne room and turned it off, does any one have any info about new graphics for it I would love to see it
              John Plavchan

Comment

well i know when you do things in the early game...ie hit 200k in population you get an upgrade....early wonder will net you at least two upgrades.....

there are some goals obviously preset in the game...the faster you reach them, the quicker your upgrades...
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

When ever I play the original Civ.2 Happiness always results in the throne room changing If you raise the Luxuries gradually 10% at each 1-3 turns it most likely will let you change the throne room.
                  -J.B.-
                  Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

It is 100% score related. I don't have my manual handy (being at work and such) however, I believe there is something in there that lists different score levels at which you get to do upgrades. I may be remembering incorrectly or the info may have been from a civ 1 strategy guide I have but I would bet a significant amount of money that the throne room improvements are score driven.

Comment

How would we turn it off?
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

iirc it is in "graphic options"
                        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

OK, after reading this, I had to look it up when I got home last night. To paraphrase the official Civ 2 manual, the ability to update the throne room is linked to completing certain achievements. Specifics are not given, only vague descriptions, like reaching certain population totals, wonders, etc. However, I have an old Civ 1 strategy guide which was created by someone other than Microprose and created using the same methods that members here like the SG's, La Fayette and many, many others have used to determine the different formula's used by Civ 2. In this reference guide, it states that the palace improvements of Civ 1 where based solely on score and had a table of scores you had to each to make new improvements to the palace. I believe that the civ 1 manual officially stated that the palace improvements where also based on completing certain tasks, etc but where clearly based only on score.

Any way, as for how to turn it off, I also believe it is in the 'graphics options' screen. It is definitely in one of the options screens under the "File" menu.

Albert B

Comment

Well I guess you're right Albert B. I always got it updated when my people were celebrating though.
                            Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

that is entirely possible.When you raise luxuries for celebrating you make more happy faces.Happys are worth more points than non happys.Jacking your luxuries increases game score.You probably had just enough to trigger an update.As you celebrate you get more and more citizens,raising your score as you go.Triggering more updates.....
                              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                              X