Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Really Stupid Question That I Would Love To Have Answered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Really Stupid Question That I Would Love To Have Answered...

Hi, I'm new to the whole ModPacks thing, and am a bit lost.

So, after I download and unzip a modpack or map file or whatever, then how do I get it in the game?

I thought maybe I could surf through the little window next to the list of availale maps/scenarios in the Begin Scenario or Load Map section, but that doesn't seem to work.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be eternally grateful. The more details the better!

Thanks!
    Share The Knowledge!

there's no such thing as a stupid question

scenarios should be unzipped into an appropriately named folder that you created beforehand in your scenario folder. this will prevent various documents from being overwritten and messing everthing up. for example i downloaded the 21st century scenario, created a folder in the scenario folder entitled "21st" and unzipped the zip into the folder. fire up civ, start/load scenario, open the scenario folder, open the 21st folder, and start up the scenario.

oops, i confused mod packs with scenarios
    back to MP for me
    Last edited by ColdWizard; November 21, 2001, 14:39.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

......mod packs usually change graphics.Some also have new techs and units.
      You must replace your existing files with the new ones from mod packs.Replace units.gif with the new units.gif.Terrain with terrain etc.
      back up originals first.

Locate the files you want to change.Overwrite with your new stuff.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Before your question can be appropriately answered, you must tell us which Civ2 version you have (i.e. 2.42, or above)

Comment

Working...
        X