Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I wipe all huts out?

How can I wipe all huts out?

I could do it via the scenario menu, but then there will be all techs available in the "what discovery shall our wise men pursue" window (no third of techs hidden for a next research).
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

I think there is just no way to prevent all researchable techs from becoming visible in scenarios... I've played scenarios without all huts wiped out though I could research every tech that I had alrady researched the prerequsitie techs for...

is there a way to prevent that?

and you can use reveal map --> complete map, then use a flight unit for taking out the huts -> no events and then just reveal map --> no special view

Comment

you can also scr*w around with the saved map,there is 1byte/tile(or a bit from a byte) that if toggled/or not makes it impossible for huts to be on that square.(I look at it tommorow,have a link to a place where the entire mapsave is explained bit by bit.)

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        and you can use reveal map --> complete map, then use a flight unit for taking out the huts -> no events and then just reveal map --> no special view
        I don't want to reveal the map myself, i want to play a multiplayer.
        Originally posted by shade
        you can also scr*w around with the saved map,there is 1byte/tile(or a bit from a byte) that if toggled/or not makes it impossible for huts to be on that square.(I look at it tommorow,have a link to a place where the entire mapsave is explained bit by bit.)

Shade
        Thank you, shade, i know that thread.

I think I can answer to myself: You can simply turn the scenario menu off after wipping huts out and save again.
        Is it so easy?

Comment

Thank you, shade, i know that thread.
          I just to a look at it.I'm sorry,I was wrong you can only get rid of the resources that way(tested it ones,but wasn't sure),the huts stay where they are.
          Is it so easy?
          the only way to find out is :TRY ,good luck

Shade
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

the only way to find out is :TRY ,good luck
            i tried it, it works, but I am surprised, it goes against Ecthelion experiences.

Comment

ST
              You won't get rid of me so easily as you get rid of huts
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

LF be carefull with such statements,since ST just got rid of his huts you might be next
                (just kidding)

Shade

Comment

LF be carefull with such statements,since ST just got rid of his huts you might be next
                  Originally posted by SlowThinker
                  I don't want to reveal the map myself, i want to play a multiplayer.
                  Did I tell you whom I will play with?

Comment

(let me know how it ends)

Shade

Comment

You could just create units and move them into the squares with the huts... then obliterate all the huts in that manner
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                      X