Help with hidden civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with hidden civs

I just read that the Incas and the Arabs are hidden civs in Civ 2. I did some checking in the rules.txt and the cities.txt and sure enough they are there. The problem is, I have no idea how to make the Incas and Arabs playable. Any Civ 2 gurus want to tell me how? I'd appreciate it greatly.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

City.txt requires no edits whatsoever. To use them, you must replace one of the other 21 civs in rules.txt. Just replace, for example, the Romans with the "hidden" civ line. It should then work the next time you start the game!
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

Thanks a lot, I got them both in the game. Now I just need to figure out why their city names aren't showing up properly.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I had to copy and paste the city names to the spot of the civ I was replacing.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I figured out the problem. The Arabs and Incas didn't have a number for "city style" so the game was reading the line wrong. All I had to do was put a 0 in as the third number and then everything worked out fine. Not hard at all, now that I know what to do. Thanks again Marquis.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
          X