Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will it take until you play Civ 2 again once you got Civ 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP is a very different game.No matter which game you play.The worst mp game will always be more fun than the best sp game.

now,when the best sp game becomes multiplay...maybe we allready have that.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

i'll be back to playing the kickass civ2 sceanrios in less than a week.

Comment

actually....

I dont think many will play civ2 once all the probs in civ3 are ironed out. stands to reason, just look at other titles that have had an updated version. This of course is in the eye of the beholder, so others opinions of course may well be different to mine.

I just wish i could get civ2 working on my pc... - hint - please read my thread for details

btw - hello, im new here. i hope i cross swords playing online with some of you...I liken my abilites similar to an ancient commander, whos name i seem to have forgotten. (if i can get the game runing of course.)

Comment

Hey Drone Riot, welcome on board . I tend to play a game of MP now and again myself, am not a regualr in MP though. So if you're new to MP and don't live in the west of the US (time zones ), you might cross swords with me one day

Ming - I can understand you and many others don't play Civ2 SP anymore, the engine is just not the man. But then, if you have a go at editing your game files or playing scenarios, you'll notice there's a much higher depth in the game than you would have thought before. So far I think that Fantastic Worlds is even better than Civ3. But then, I haven't played the latter yet, just read the posts of disappointed posters

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
            Hey Drone Riot, welcome on board . I tend to play a game of MP now and again myself, am not a regualr in MP though. So if you're new to MP and don't live in the west of the US (time zones ), you might cross swords with me one day
            well hello ecthelion,

Actually, breaking with tradition, im actually in the united kingdom... so a small territorial dispute is on the cards between the two of us. Those americans have no idea do they?

But.. i must comment -

Ive just managed to get civ2 working again, wow is the interface limited. I guess its the age thing, but id have thought a command like "explore automatically" would be a great addition to civ2. As it stands, it seems there are no right click menus... everything seems geared toward use of the title bar. - maybe ive lost something?

Other then that, yes.. ill keep my spyglass focused eastward

Comment

SMAC person? I got SMAC as well

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                SMAC person? I got SMAC as well
                Actually, i find smac/crossfire a far more superior product, its a great shame firaxis never made one last patch to rectify the little niggles that where still left after v4 patch.

Well ill certainly play smac, do you also have crossfire?
                Crossfire imo seemed to add more to smac, but some didnt like it WHY!!??? its great.

As for civ2, well maybe im spoilt with smacs right click menus etc... seems to do the most simplistic of actions in civ2 requires major mouse movement. (luckily i use a trackball) - have done for 4 years..once tried, theres simply no going back to a mouse.

So civ2... it might not stay on my drive for long, but ill give it alittle more time before drastic measures are required.

Comment

yes, I've got myself the Planetary Pack for little money only short time ago... as someone who had been playing Civ2 for years, I liked SMAC(-X) as such, but never got too deep into it... has been a year since then as well, I bought it at some point after christmas..

Comment

when I get Civ3, I'll probably be immersed for a week or so before I raise my head and play a "simpler" game of Civ2 to relax.

I still play an occaisional game of Civ1, too
                    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Wait, I thought Civ3 LE has MP ability?
                      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Civ3 LE comes in a tin, has a cheap tech tree fold out, a cardboard cd holder in which is civ3 and a behind the scenes making of civ3 cd, and a manual. [rummages in tin] there's no MP

as for the higher depth in civ2 with altering rules and playing scenarios, been there..... done that.... too cheap to buy the t-shirt MP is still better

i got civ3 on wednesday, played civ2 (MP of course) on friday
                        Last edited by ColdWizard; November 5, 2001, 01:58.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                        X