Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will it take until you play Civ 2 again once you got Civ 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will it take until you play Civ 2 again once you got Civ 3?

Well?

I think I'll load it up soon after, I'm not into playing new games for days without a break anyway...
    2 hours or less
    23.53%
    1-3 days
    23.53%
    - 1 week
    17.65%
    more than 1 week
    17.65%
    I'll never play Civ2 again once I've got Civ 3
    17.65%

I'll load up Civ II the second I can find somebody to play MP with

When nobody is around, then I'll load CivIII
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

OK, regarding I'm talking about single player

Comment

Ditto what Ming said.

Since I don't play SP CivII anymore. Mote Question.

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Damn, itchy finger. DP

Not that I mind the extra post count, but it's unprofessional.

RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
            OK, regarding I'm talking about single player
            I see no reason to ever play Civ II single play ever again...
            Unless Civ III REALLY SUCKS!
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well, I have played CIV single player lately, though I've possessed CIV 2 for a long time, so that shouldn't matter...

Comment

i echo the thoughts of both MING and RAH
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

why is it you guys want to completely dump Civ2 for Civ3 after years of playing?

Comment

I also agree. It depends whether I'll like or hate Civ3. But I don't think I would dump Civ2 altogether (I still usually play Civ1).

Comment

Yes, that is my point... Of course the amount of Civ2 playing will depend, but I'm not going to totally dumb the old one

how am I supposed to play decent scenarios before they're made in Civ3 anyway

Comment

I don't see why Civ2 and Civ3 can't exist harmoniously together. There won't be Civ3 scenarios out very soon, so I can still go back to Civ2 and explore Civ3. They will always live on in my heart!
                        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

A different approach...

Reading the above posts, I'm starting to realize that I'm out of my depth! I don't even know if I'll get CivIII, especially if the reviews here are bad.

More to the point, I might be hesitant to get CivIII even if the reviews are good, just because I doubt I'll have the time to learn a new gui and new rules. One reason I play Civ2 is that I know the game well enough to start a game and just play turn after turn without having to read manuals and help files. Regardless of whether CtP was a good game, I never had the time to actually learn it (and when I did try to learn it it kept crashing... that's another story). So now it sits at the bottom of a stack of CDs.

In short, I probably will wind up playing CivII almost immediately after I get CivIII.

STYOM
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I can't even imagin still playing civ2....
                            One Life One Game...

Comment

Originally posted by Tilemacho
                              I can't even imagin still playing civ2....
                              If you really aren't a MP player... I can see your point. While the reviews are still mixed at best, I never intend to play a civ II SP game again... But even if Civ III becomes the best SP game of all time, I still intend on playing CivII MP, because MP kicks SP every day of the week....
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X