• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happynes and (AI)braindamage question

2 little questions
    happyness
    -------------
    -->we all know that more cities make more unhappyness,but is there something like an unhappynes counting variable involved.
    =>well in the current game I have 15 cities (and I have monarchy/diety/large map=>so I have to many cities I know that)
    and I noticed that I sometimes had a city(only one citizen content) and I am building some millitary unit to enforce martial law that after lets say 10 turns this guy turns evil(no new cities build in the mean while nor an upgrade to size2 in this city).
    Any idea how this works???

AI-diplomatic-braindamage
    ----------------------------------
    that the AI has some braindamage that is a known fact but listen to this:
    the english AI builds Marko pollo's Embassy.(nothing wrong with that)
    a few turns later I pay them a diplomatic visit,some techs get exchanged and then I ask=>'declare war to the Russians'
    their response:'We have no contact with the Russians'
    ==>What did I miss???MPE gives diplomatic contact with any other player immediatly doesn't it???

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

On the latter question, the AI answers "No contact" when you don't have enough money to bribe them into a war. They do this whether or not they really have contact. On the former issue, citizens go from red to black in exisiting cities most often due to the owner gaining a new city by building, conquest, or finding an "advanced tribe." They sometimes convert the same way during a revolution and don't come back in the next government. In the absence of a new city and no government change, I am at a loss as to why yours switched.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I, too, have seen a citizen turn surly when I've not expanded or changed the t/s/l rate. My first thought was that population had something to do with it. Sorry, but I've never investigated the matter.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

Try this thread from the Great Library...

Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

thx, I guess,I found the answer in that thread:
          happiness could also change if an other city grew.
          (and since growing is the main idea in this game...)

Shade
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
          X