Civ 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 2

WOW, went out on Friday to buy some games to keep me going (and to enquire about civ3) and bought Civ2 for £4.99. I say this because when civ 2 came out I was 11 and did not go for strategy games, but now I can't get enough. F**king yeah, I've had Civ 1 on my hard disk since god knows when, but when I played civ 2, S*it thats a good game. SUBS WITH NUKES I understand now what people have been saying about it (Praising) I know it's off topic but I had to share my joy. I mainly bought it incase Civ 3 will not run on my machine, so at least I'll have something to play on .
    "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks & stones". Albert Einstein
    "To Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"- Homer Simpson

OT
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Lawrence, sigh, you shouldn't just post the two letters "OT" like you are trying to show something important, it's perfectly alright/innocent/fine to post it here, in my opinion of course.

And Col, Civ2 was a good game, why now, do you choose to play it?
      be free

Comment

Actually this should have been posted in the Civ2 General Forum.
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Lucky bastard. Now u have a CIV game to explore, and 10 days will not be enough. Ive played (and most of us) all the civs games, so i dont have nothing but wait for the release.
          Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
          Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            OT
            What? Are you the off-topic police now? Come to think of it, your post to say that the Col. was off topic is itself off topic. So OT to you.
            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Disregard my last post, it was OT.
              - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
              - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
              - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

As to the joys of Civ II, they are many -- better military progression, more interesting wonders, smarter AI (still dumb but better), and additional city-lists associated with the new civs being only a few. Enjoy!

The Col's post was not OT in my opinion. If you think it was, notify Ming. Posting "OT" just angers people, and is itself off-topic.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                  OT
                  SPAM

If think a post is offencive or breaks the rules, use the ! button at the top of the post to report it to the mods
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                  X