A Question on Triremes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question on Triremes

I was wondering if you have already discovered water away from any land does a trireme sink in the already discovered water?

Yes. The only relevant issue is how far it is from shore. No shore - sinks sometimes!

STYOM
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Your trireme won't sink unless it has run out of turns and isn't near the shore.

Comment

And let's just remind this newbie, that
        this can be avoided by building the Lighthouse
        WoW in any friendly (="your civ") city.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Also, triremes can sink if anchored in cities on 1x1 islands
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

..or move them 2 spaces and use the end turn keyboard shortcut...they never sink.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Case
              is that right ?? i have never encountered that.. \

..or move them 2 spaces and use the end turn keyboard shortcut...they never sink.
              isnt that regarded as cheating ???
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                isnt that regarded as cheating ???
                of course, yes!
                (but, playing SP, you play as you enjoy; what would be unfair would be bragging about your results if you have that kind of tricks in use)
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

oh ok, so anything goes in SP ?? I wonder if that why so many SPers dont like MP they dont like the fact that cheating is frowned upon ...
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Yeah... when it comes to SP... play however you want. Unless you are record shooting, who cares. The game was meant to be enjoyed... so have fun.

But that is one reason I love MP... You have no choice but to play it the way the game was meant to be played.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                      However they will be OK on a 1x1 island if you put them to sleep.
                      "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                      --

Comment

you can call it a cheat for sure.Even though anyone can do it.I won't say how many times I've been ICQed by mp people asking me how it works again.I would bet dollars to donuts that it is being used by many.
                        How do you check for it?..a trireme can survive open waters..after Seafaring and/or Navigation they do pretty well if you are willing to risk it

Most mp games I have played have been on smaller maps.You don't need it for those.Maybe that is a way to ensure it is not being done.Just remember your island may not be so safe.....

I use 2.42 for solo play and there is no such keyboard shortcut in it.It is a scenario tool that should only be accessed thru the cheat menu.
                        Last edited by Smash; October 22, 2001, 15:43.
                        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                        X