Great Library Doubt!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Library Doubt!!!!

I was playing last night a Civ 2 SP game (althoght i was playing in MP mode, i was playing alone - just in training) where i built the Great Library Wonder. What was my amasement when the Great Library didn't gave me the "Technologies already possessed by two other civilizations" upon construction, but only those that where discovered after the construction of the wonder!!

Why? Is this right? Is it because it's MGE version (patch1.3)?

In my earlier multiplayer version (Ultimate Civilization II Classic Collection - with Civ 2; Multiplayer; Fantastic Worlds and Conflits in Civilization) this didn't happened! The Great Library gave me all the tech already discovered by two other civs upon construction!! (playing SP)

Am i missing something??

Perhaps i don't know the game so well after all!!

Please help me!!

Portugal - Nation of Magellan's (from Magellan's Expedition)
    "Every day Mankind fights a battle against Nature, forgetting if winning, Mankind will be among the defeated!"

Hmmm... In every version of Civ II that I have played, the GL never gave you sciences that two or more civs had AT completion of the GL. Only sciences developed AFTER you had built it.

All I can think of is that you received sciences because AI's happened to be trading them on the turn you built it
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
      Hmmm... In every version of Civ II that I have played, the GL never gave you sciences that two or more civs had AT completion of the GL. Only sciences developed AFTER you had built it.

All I can think of is that you received sciences because AI's happened to be trading them on the turn you built it
      perhaps....but i'm almost sure...i'll test it, then i'll say the results!!

Thanks for the explanation, i'll see if i don't let that get in the way on the testing!!

Portugal - Nation of Magellan's (from Magellan's Expedition)
      "Every day Mankind fights a battle against Nature, forgetting if winning, Mankind will be among the defeated!"

Comment

My experience has also been that its effect is only after completion. Techs that everybody else already has you will have to trade for. Or steal. I use MGE, but this was also the case in 2.42.
        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
        intelligence to few.

Comment

i received techs the civs had AT completion

and that's disturbing some of my scenarios because it gaves to the civ the "no, no" techs others civs had !!

i made some tests and notice that it may no more gives this sort of tech if i use "nil, no" instead of "no, no"

Comment

Re: i received techs the civs had AT completion

Originally posted by Eyn
            and that's disturbing some of my scenarios because it gaves to the civ the "no, no" techs others civs had !!

i made some tests and notice that it may no more gives this sort of tech if i use "nil, no" instead of "no, no"
            that's interesting!!!

very interesting!!!

Comment

Working...
            X