Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a listing of civs and their colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a listing of civs and their colors?

I was going to make a map wherein the greens always start at that end, the yellows always start over here , and so on. but I'm not sure which civs are which color. is there a listing somewhere?

I suppose if nobody answers I could go through and start a game as every civ and sicover their color and make a list. sounds a little too much like work.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

FB - see the @LEADERS section of rules.txt (right at the end). Each civ is listed with its color (1-7 = white, green, blue, yellow, cyan, orange, magenta).

Comment

If you start a game, the window to select your civ is arranged by color. The first row (starting with Romans) is white, the second row green, the third row blue, etc.

DaveV has the solution if you don't feel like starting the game. You might get sucked in, you know...
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

white - romans, russian, celts
        green - babylonians, zulus, japanese
        dark blue - germans, french, vikings
        yellow - egyptians, aztecs, spanish
        cyan? - americans, persians, chinese
        orange - greeks, english, carthaginians
        purple - sioux, indians, mongols

all done from memory (i think i've played too much civ )
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Cant' play too much civ!!!
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Thanks, Coldwizard. That was the easy answer I was looking for.

Since I play as the americans or egypyians every game, I wasn't up on who's who.

Since you know these off the top of your head, maybe you do play too much civ. time for you to switch to Civ3!
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

you're welcome

they weren't off the top off my head though, i had to dig a little into the ol' fuzzy memory, especially for the carthaginians and spanish.

Civ3? argh... no MP... how cruel of you to remind me i guess you really are a beast

Comment

You guys need to get a life! I can name them off the top of my head, and I know which is in which spot on the choose your civ screen, and I know every title for all of them.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

either your memory is better than mine (mine's pretty bad btw) or you're the one that needs to get a life

Comment

Working...
                  X