Characteristics of the enemies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Characteristics of the enemies

If you look at your enemies from the "foreign advisor" menu option, some of them are "aggressive", some are "rational" etc. I guess that has something to do with how they behave.

The zulus are always a pain in the ass; they are always allied to three other civilizations, which they trade technologies with all the time. I really hate them... Are all green civilisations the same or are the Japanese and Babylonians different?

In my experience, the light blue and yellow civilizations are the easiest to beat. Is that a common known fact or is it just something I've made up myself?

What is are the characteristics of the blue civilisations? (maybe I'll select all civilisations by hand next time to get rid of the green ones ;-))

(maybe I'll select all civilisations by hand next time to get rid of the green ones ;-))
    I'll have to disappoint you,but it doesn't work that way with selecting.when you choose your own civ you get 3 collums of 7 civs,each row represents a color so playing with 7 civs always gives you a green one.If you choose to play with less than 7 civs you just have to hope the green row isn't included.

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

In rules.txt, look at the civ/leader section near the bottom. You'll see those qualities you mention. Each civ has 3 numbers, one for each of the qualities. A 1, 0, and -1 are available as a range for each. You can change this if you really want to make a kinder, gentler Zulu civ.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

Shade>>

If I am the green tribe then there will be no zulus...

Comment

If I am the green tribe then there will be no zulus...
          That is a good and easy solution to the problem.

Shade
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

When playing the AI

English - Dumb
            German - Dumb
            Indian - Dumb
            American - Dumb
            Zulu - Dumb
            Babylonian - Dumb
            Viking - Dumb

See a trend emerging?
            Who cares if they're aggressive, put those computer bastards in line!
            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

It's not because they're dumb that they can't be annoying?

Shade

Comment

You do have the option of choosing every civ in a game of SP. The Babylonians are a yellow-like civ. Personally, I make an effort to kill the irritating civs, e.g., Carthaginians, Mongols, Vikings, Zulus, and Japanese.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Re: When playing the AI

Originally posted by drake

Who cares if they're aggressive, put those computer bastards in line!
                  Isn't that what everyone usually do in the game?
                  Squeeze your enemies. Heh!
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                  X