hotseat civ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotseat civ2

I've never tried it out, and for reasons best left unmentioned I can't right now either.

anyone played mpge hotseat seriously enough to weigh its pros and cons? I've heard some drawbacks in the past, but a search didn't turn up anything useful. is it comparable to playing over the net in any way?

TIA

Hrothgar sends his regards!

You may have better luck getting a good response in the CivII Multiplayer forum. Some multiplayers browse here, too, but much more frequently there.

I am currently involved in my first MP game, so I can not give you any advice.
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

Go, Marquis, finally trying MP. Let us know how it goes. I'm still tempted, but haven't gone there yet as I have to go out and get MGE with Civ III already gold. (Excuses, excuses! )
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
        Hrothgar sends his regards!

You may have better luck getting a good response in the CivII Multiplayer forum. Some multiplayers browse here, too, but much more frequently there.

I am currently involved in my first MP game, so I can not give you any advice.
        try as I might, 'gar wouldn't even touch a computer, much less browse an internet forum like 'poly.

thanks for the tips. hotseat really isn't too popular, and judging by some of the reviews I've read, it wasn't done as well as it could've been. I might check out the mp forums if this one isn't moved and provided I have the time later on.
        Last edited by Wiglaf; October 11, 2001, 16:28.

Comment

Well, even if this questions perhaps belongs
          to the MP forum, I answer it here.

I must admit that I'm an experienced hotseat
          player, so I have quite much experience in that.

Hotseat MP works quite good, but it really
          lacks capabilities to handle the diplomacy
          between you and the second player.
          The AI makes treatments with your civ,
          without notefying you. You can't observe what
          the AI is doing on its turn, expect when it drops a
          nuclear missile, but you just hear the sound effect
          of it.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
          X