Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The era of Civilization II - 5 years of happy civing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The era of Civilization II - 5 years of happy civing?

The message has been removed!

Read the last reply, thanks!
    Last edited by Rasbelin; October 9, 2001, 09:56.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Hopefully this post wasn't too long.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

It's a safe bet that if this next civ is a poor showing, civ2 will be hit hard too. Playing it would only be a reminder of what could have been, you know? After all this hype, a let down wouldn't exactly make people interested in civ2 again.

Then again, a great civ3 showing would make the past game a nice one to have around...hey, why isn't a classic civ2 disc in the LE? that'd keep it alive a year or two longer than normal.

there's always MPGE with my friends.

Comment

long live civ2, may she rest in peace when she is replaced by the new baby. *sniff* we'll miss you

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
          long live civ2, may she rest in peace when she is replaced by the new baby. *sniff* we'll miss you
          Are you already buring Civ II, even if the new era of Civ III
          hasn't begun yet?!? Jeeze! You're probably the first one
          to do that.
          Last edited by Rasbelin; October 9, 2001, 01:20.

Comment

Rasbelin, you should submit this post for the Columns. It is interesting reading

OR: if you want, I will do it for you, and proof-read through it and put your Apolyton Handle on it for the credit. But it's just that good

They need more articles for the Columns, and I higly recommend your work Ras.
            Last edited by Sarxis; October 9, 2001, 07:16.

Comment

CIV CTP and CTP2 did not satisfy me. i went back to play CIV2. i wonder if CIV3 will satisfy me or not...
              Feel the wrath of Mother Russia!

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                Rasbelin, you should submit this post for the Columns. It is interesting reading

OR: if you want, I will do it for you, and proof-read through it and put your Apolyton Handle on it for the credit. But it's just that good
                Thank you for those compliments! I have to say that
                I feel amused.

I have just submited it to the Ape team, so I haven't
                received any message from them yet.

Thanks!
                Last edited by Rasbelin; October 9, 2001, 09:58.

Comment

I'll remove the flesh from the thread, so
                  you/we/I can continue the discussion after the official
                  has column been published (read my previous posting).

Comment

civ2 is still going to live more time, with so many stuff abouut it it is going to be really hard to start from scratch in civ3, I think that a lot of scenarios and units will be make about civ2 in the next few years
                    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin

Are you already buring Civ II, even if the new era of Civ III
                      hasn't begun yet?!? Jeeze! You're probably the first one
                      to do that.
                      i haven't buried it yet, actually i just found it after having lost the cd for two months, but most players will give give up on the game. I don't plan on being one, but it could happen. Especially if civ3 is really good. But it is definitely the end of the civ2 era. just look at how many more people post in the civ3 area than the civ2 area.

Comment

It ain't over yet
                        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Civ I activity lasted quite briskly over a year past the release of Civ II, and some still play. So I would think everyone will not "abandon" Civ II. We'll see.
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Just droping all of you a hint...

The original long(?) posting should be "soon"
                            available as a column. Markos said 27.10.

Until that, no further comments from me.

Comment

I was just getting bored in civ II for the first time, when I heard civ III is coming! I don't think I'll play civ II much after I've finished my final game, which is going to be my record game : I have now 6000 points!

Comment

Working...
                              X